Cordoba hotels-Need Help

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Linda

Cordoba hotels-Need Help

I am trying to select a hotel in Cordoba for one night in December. What are your opinions on:

Hotel Lola
Los Omeyas
Conquistador saw 48 Euro rate
Any other recommendations??

Would appreciate any and all comments on your experiences with these or other hotels.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Barbara

I stayed at the Parador, the government run hotel and it was excellent. At Easter it was around $150 a night but it might be cheaper in December. The breakfast is very good.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:49 AM
olga

Check out www.bancotel.com, lots of options for 49,95+tax.
You can buy the vouchers when you are already in Spain, at any travel agency.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Linda

I appreciate the info one where to get the vouchers, but was wondering if you could provide some info on the hotels themselves...location...atmosphere etc.

Thanks

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 12:44 PM
gail

Linda:
I've stayed twice in the Hotel Albucasis in Cordoba. Very reasonable rates (??in the mid $60s in March both times)and pleasant atmosphere. Spotlessly clean, nice tiled bathroom, plenty of hot water, nice shuttered window overlooking the courtyard. Located in the heart of the Juderia, walking distance to anything we wanted to see and many many restaurants. When we were there, the staff did not speak English but were very cordial and helpful. At the time of our 2nd visit, the desk clerk said he remembered me from a visit 2 years before. Don't know what it'd be like in December.