Reload this Page >

Comfort Inn in the 10th arr.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Travelingal

I just booked a twin room at the comfort inn paris, on boulevard de strasbourg for 61E a night as a promotional offer. The room if booked through the comfort inns website is about 100E, so I THINK I got a good deal...<BR>Has anyone stayed here? Opinions while I still have time to change my mind?!?<BR><BR>Thanks for your input!

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:41 AM
elaine

I don't know the hotel, but the 10th would not be in my top 5 choices of areas to stay in. Not central enough , too far north, imo. That's not to say that the hotel isn't a good deal.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:34 AM
xxx

I haven't stayed in the 10th district based on what I've read about it. It's where the Gare du Nord train station is located. And the area is mostly seedy. You can get lower-priced hotels here because it's not a popular area.<BR><BR>Also Comfort Inns do not look appealing. I'm sure that you can find a better hotel in a nicer area for around the same price or even just a little more. The least popular areas are generally the 10th and 13th districts.<BR>

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Try Again

I think you could do better. This is a dense and dirty area.

Old May 16th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Christina

I would change my mind. That's a crummy location and that is no deal. Hotels are a lot cheaper there because of the area, so 100E would be very overpriced, 61E maybe about normal for a twin room in that area for a 3-star hotel (not super nice one, true, lower end 3-star or 2-star). Anyway, I've seen that hotel listed at only 45-50 USD for a double, which is slightly less than 61 euro, so I don't think that's probably such a deal.

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:08 PM
ttt

ttt!!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:21 PM
travelingal

the hotel is near Gare de l'est if that makes a difference...

Old May 16th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Travelingal, I sure hate to see all this rain falling on your parade! I recently stayed in the 10th and enjoyed it, but it IS a little on the dicey side in places and a few blocks in the 10th can make all the difference in the world. You didn't get a bad deal and I have no idea if you are in a position to back out at this point. (Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like some some other value options to explore).

Old May 16th, 2002, 11:30 PM
travelingal

Thanks to everyone who replied, I am now in the process of booking La Motte Picquet in the 7th which has been mentioned on this board before.<BR>Jim - I figured that with my luck the few 'bad' blocks would be the ones I ended up staying in! I appreciate your offer and if I have a question for you I'll let you know. Thankfully I can still get out of my reservation, the only catch is that I might have to pay them ten bucks (at travelnow.com)<BR><BR>I thank everyone so much for their input, I'm sure it will make all the difference during my Paris experience!

Old May 17th, 2002, 02:55 AM
Jim Rosenberg

Good move -- and $10 is NOTHING compared to making sure you are in an area that you feel good about. A handy site, (that has been mentioned here many times before, but not necessarily to YOU), is Les Pages Jaunes. It can often enable you to "take a walk" around your neighborhood and get a better idea of the general surroundings:<BR><BR>http://photos.pagesjaunes.fr/<BR><BR>It can be very helpful, once you get the hang of navigating around it. The photos give a very unvarnished look and one might even say they tend to be on the unflattering side, in many cases. When I checked your first hotel selection, I wasn't sure I was getting a clean match between the address and what I was seeing, so I was unable to make a determination that would have strongly indicated either "Go for it!" or "No way!". Though I haven't stayed at either place, it seems to me that you've gone with a safer bet now in terms of the neighborhood. Happy Contrails!

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:05 AM
xxx

About those booking agencies, it's better to deal with the hotel directly. Not only do the agencies charge fees many want prepayment in full.