Search

Cliffs of Moher

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cliffs of Moher

Hello,
We are planning a 3 week trip to Ireland from Sept 7-28. We will spend about 5 walking days on the Dingle Peninsula, 2 days in Dublin, 3 days in Cork, and are otherwise fairly flexible on when/where we go. We are interested in spending a few days in Northern Ireland, then come back down towards Dublin and go to Newgrange on our way. So, my biggest question is advice on spending time at the Cliffs of Moher. Some people say it is a must, but we also worry that it is very touristy and will be crowded. Any insight on this is welcome.
Thanks!
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 04:11 PM
P_M

If it's touristy and crowded that's because it's a great place to go. We really enjoyed our time there.
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 04:11 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
It is "touristy" for a reason. I would go see it and just be around other people for a while.
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 04:12 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by P_M
If it's touristy and crowded that's because it's a great place to go. We really enjoyed our time there.
Twinning!
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 07:18 PM

We thought it was beautiful and worthwhile but it depends how far out of the way it is for you to get there.
I recommend staying in Doolin and then you can experience a charming town. More importantly, you can head over in the late afternoon after you check in.But if the weather isn't good, you can get a second chance in the morning. Either way, you will be there after the crowds or before the crowds. There were about 20 people there at 4:00 in the afternoon.We were there in May and the crowds weren't bad anywhere and I think in September, you will have a similar experience.
Old Aug 13th, 2023, 07:28 PM

Definitely worth a visit, although I can't comment on the crowds having been there in October 25 years ago.

Old Sep 18th, 2023, 10:58 AM

Doolin is a great Idea. For a wonderful experience, you can take the 3 or so mile hike from Doolin up to the Cliffs. Anyone in Doolin can point out the path. It goes along the ocean and is spectacular! You will see the cliffs from a completely different and less touristy perspective. Highly recommend! If you don't want the long walk back, take a cab from The Cliffs back to Doolin. Easy!