Reload this Page >

b&b near Cliffs of Moher

Search

b&b near Cliffs of Moher

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Jenn

b&b near Cliffs of Moher

Can any one recommend a good b&b near the Cliffs of Moher? We would perfer a b&b in a scenic location...if possiable. <BR>Also any recommendations for off the beaten track sites to see? <BR>Thanks in advance!!! <BR>jenn

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 10:37 AM
kam

Someone fairly recently posted a B&B recommendation for the first night near Shannon--do a search. They would put you fairly close to the Cliffs of Moher.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 12:22 PM
lin

Jean, We are staying at the Atlantic Sunset House on July 5. This house is 4 miles from the cliffs. You can view it at www.townandcountry.ie. E-mail[email protected] The room is 19 punts per person. Linda

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 12:43 PM
lin

Jenn, Just a quick note to coreect the b&b info. It should read www.townandcountry.ie/ Then go to county Clare and then Doolin. We made all our reservations on line. We leave for Dublin tomrrow night. We are staying at Drumlin View in Galway. Highly recommended by family. Duinin House in Dingle. Applecroft House in Killarney. Both of those were recommended on this site.

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 01:00 PM
JENN

THANKS LIN FOR THE INFO. SOMEONE ELSE RECOMMEDED THE APPLECROFT. I GUESS THAT IS A GOOD ONE! HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 03:00 PM
jpbrennan

I again. There's no place around the Cliffs that isn't scenic ! You might like going to the town of Lisdoonvarna and booking into one of the many, many places there. It's an Irish summer place and full of music, pubs and craic.The Cliffs aren't far and as a matter of fact, Lisdoonvarna sports mineral bath establishments. Plenty to see around here. <BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 06:54 PM
steve

I stayed at a nice B&B in Lisdoonvarna - the Marchmontm - 19-20 punts each. <BR> <BR>However, unless they really spruce up the town (I was there in March) for summer, it is a real dump. <BR> <BR>I second the townandcountry.ie B&B's. I got their guidebook at the Dublin airport tourist office and used it to select my places to stay. ll were good and very reasonable