Christmas Day

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Anne

Christmas Day

I am arriving at Heathrow on Christmas at in the morning. I understand that niether the tube nor the bus will not be running. I am tryn gto find out 2 things.

1. Will trains be running that day?

2. Which car rental companies will be open at the airport on December 25

Thank you

Dec 4th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Alec

1. Heathrow Express will be running, but possibly at reduced frequeny. No other form of public transport.
2. They should all be open, but may only deal with pre-booked reservations.

Dec 4th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Nigel Doran

Even if the Heathrow Express is running, there'll be no Tube at the other end to take you to your destination (unless it is Paddington, where the train terminates.) Also, taxis will be scarce and VERY expensive on Christmas day. You would be better to either take the Airbus, if it is running, and ask them to drop you nearest to your destination after having found it on a map. Or you could take a car service (this site has lots of information on Swiss Cottage cars, Ray Skinner's cars etc.) As for car rental, go to ww.baa.com and click on Heathrow for info.

Dec 4th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Edwin

Britain seems to close on Christmas Day, unlike the US where some things open. The fact that everything in Britain closes makes al-Qaeda think that Christmas is a special day so they like to attack around that time of year. They do attack on other days, though. Sick, isn't it? They are jealous of anyone else who is economically well off and blame others when they feel guilty for watching Baywatch or reading Playboy.

Dec 5th, 2002, 12:20 AM
PatrickW

Unless Edwin has a hotline to the mullahs, I think it's highly unlikely London would be attacked on Christmas Day - admittedly, we'd all be a bit more soporific than usual, but on the other hand we'd all be at home. No massed targets. Waste of time from their point of view, don't you think?

Dec 6th, 2002, 03:22 AM
huh?

Let's hope Edwin's medication is on its way...

Dec 7th, 2002, 12:21 AM
jiggali

Hi Anne
I will arrive at Heathrow on Christmas morning too. I fly with BA from JFK. I also worry about the train to london. Do you get the solution yet?