Search

children

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Paul Riester

children

We took four, ages 7, 9, 15, 16 to 8 countries in 19 days. EASY to do and especially in Germany its affordable if you drive and choose pensions and cut a deal for 3 rooms. I highly encourage anyone to take children to Europe, they love kids...

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Jen

I feel for your kids. You averaged a new country every 2.375 days, not counting for travel days in and out?<BR><BR>I'm sure they'll enjoy their blurred memories.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:51 PM
yawn

So...I guess now they can tell their friends they have been all over Europe and rattle off their list. Whoopie. Do they get to count a country if they travelled over their air space, or only if the plane actually touched the tarmac?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Catherine

Paul sounds like you had your hands full there! I think it is great to take children to Europe. I am sure they will have nice memories. I remember the trips I took when I was younger, they hold a special place in my heart because it was time with my parents.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 03:07 PM
wondering

Wonder what's wrong with Jen and Yawn. Maybe they got out of bed on the wrong side this morning....or do you think they were dropped on their head as babies?<BR><BR>Glad you had a good trip. They are lucky you were able to give them such a special gift.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Bruce

We are going to Germany in November with our 4 year old son? Is there a good web-site for the pensions? Does anyone have any reccomendations for entertaining children on the plane?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:12 AM
whytherush

A new country every 2 & 1/2 days? That is asinine. You can't even do justice to one major city in 2 & 1/2 days. Why on earth would rush through 8 countries like that? Just to say you've been there? Just ridiculous.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:15 AM
xxx

Oh please! Who cares if you disapprove of their itinerary!!! Please keep your nasty comments to yourself!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Karen

Good for you, Paul! What a wonderful experience for the children....and for the adults! You'll all cherish the memory of the trip for years and years.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 07:03 AM
xxx

if Paul puts his itinerary out here for everybody to take a shot at, he has to expect that a lot of people are going to think he's crazy. I have to agree that a new country every 2+ days is an insane and superficial way to see the world....