Search

Chernobyl trip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chernobyl trip

Hi, guys! I was wondering if any of you visited Chernobyl / Prypiat in Ukraine and have some experience to share? I love abandoned places and I'm also a photographer so I think I will make some awesome photos there but is there safe? How about radiation? Or where to find a good tour company?
Old Oct 9th, 2017, 12:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Our son and I visited the Exclusion Zone a couple of years ago, with a guided tour from Kiev. Here is my report if you are interested.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-chernobyl.cfm

Unfortunately I do not seem to have noted our tour group; there aren't many to choose from, though. Ours was a small group of 15, which I liked. The tour lasted the entire day and was engaging throughout. The guides keep the group corralled and safe; there are radiation background checks as one leaves the zone. The tour was a memorable part of our visit to Kiev. And yes, the photography is remarkable!
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey. Chernobyl? This is a very cool idea! Chernobyl fascinates. I want to come here every year. I do not understand, there is something in it that attracts like a magnet. You are standing in the center of Pripyat and you understand that 30 years ago, kids ran here, busy adults went to work.
What about radiation. Despite such an accident, Chernobyl is pretty safe. They put a new ark there and therefore the level of radiation fell. There are only dangerous places where radiation rolls over. But in such places do not let anyone. For example, the basement where the gas masks of the liquidators are used. I was there a year ago and took a rest at the Premier Hotels and Resorts . Very cool hotel, shower, hallway, kitchen and almost in the center of the city for little money!
I wish you good luck, and even a little envy that you are going there. I wish I could go with you.