Cheap tickets

Jul 5th, 2002, 05:07 PM
earni

Cheap tickets

anyone know of a cheap airfare from Philadelphia or Baltimore to Parice or Nice?
I thought rates would come down this summer with all the nervousness over terrorism, etc. But they haven't and all of the major airlines are charging serious at least $900 roundtrip. Is there a transatlantic equivalent to Easyjet"?

Jul 5th, 2002, 05:14 PM
spender

Choice of departure dates, season, departure city, and days before travel from purchase all have an effect on fares -- not just the airline. Icelandic sometimes has deals, as od others. You can try departing from one of the NYC airports (JFK, EWR) which may be cheaper than Philly. You can also try one of the discounters, either online or by telephone -- many advertise in the Sunday papers.

Jul 6th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Claudia

Go to biddingfortravel.com and see what winning bids are coming up on Priceline.

Also, check out the other Washington area airports. We're flying out of Dulles in a couple of weeks and it was considerably cheaper (at the time) than BWI.

Jul 6th, 2002, 08:41 AM
jen

Check out flying to London, & changing there (maybe to Easyjet).

Jul 6th, 2002, 11:42 AM
sue

Hi,

Icelandic Air had a sale on flights to PAris from Boston for this weekend. $600. They fly out ot Baltimore. Try and see what you can get, especially if you are flexible.

Jul 8th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Jason

I just booked round trip from LA to Paris on USAirways for a little under $725, in mid-August. Both out-bound and in-bound stop in Philly, so I would think that you can grab a great fare from this airline.

Best Luck.

Jul 9th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Lawrence

I am flying to Europe in September /02
Flying direct/non-stop from Edmonton Alberta Canada for 998.00 Canadian, which is about 600.00 us. Flying with Martinair, which is a dutch airline.

Jul 9th, 2002, 03:11 PM
greg

You can find out yourself by going to web reservation site with discount search capability such as www.expedia.com.
Plug in destinations and the range of dates you want to travel and you will get list of potential flights. Even though they list as potentially available, the cheaper ones tend to be already booked (so why list them? -- I don't know). Currently the cheapest available Baltimore-CDG is $625 on USair.

Jul 9th, 2002, 03:15 PM
sherry

Sign up for Icelandair's NetFares. They have tickets for about $600 even during high season. You can add up to a three day stayover in Iceland on either your inbound or outbound flight for no additional fare, and it's an awesome place. Suggest the Hotel Luna, and by all means plan a few hours at the Blue Lagoon on your trip back to the airport.