Cheap hotel for three in Nuremberg?

Apr 11th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Cheap hotel for three in Nuremberg?

Hi, I am looking for an inexpensive hotel (not a hostel) in Nuremberg for THREE people for two nights in June. By inexpensive, I mean less than $110 USD a night. Is this even possible? I feel like I have looked EVERYWHERE and am not having any luck. I realize the third person makes things more difficult, but really, there's got to be SOMETHING out there....right?
Apr 11th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Nevermind....I found something. A little more than what I wanted and no customer reviews, so I'm not sure what it'll be like - anyone ever stayed in, or heard of Woehrdersee Hotel Mercure Nuernberg City? Its adress is Wohrdersee Durrenhfstrasse 8 - is this even anywhere close to the centre of town/old town/the castle?
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM
yk

Hotel Keiml is recommended in Rick Steves' book. Looks like a 3 bed room runs 80-90 euros via booking site

http://tinyurl.com/2kugsk
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM
yk

Also, did you try www.hotels.de? You can tell the distance of the hotel from the train station (which is close to the old town).
Apr 11th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

YK - thanks for that link. The map provided on that website is a lot better than the one on the site where I booked this hotel. I know that the hotel's website SAYS its only 1 km out of city centre but you can never be sure if the hotel is exagerating or not