Cheap Flights Rome - Paris

Old Feb 16th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheap Flights Rome - Paris

I have been searching for a cheap flight from Rome to Paris in September. As Air Liberte has now crashed, the next best I can find is Saudia, has anyone flown with these guys, or any idea where to source other companies on the net.

Thanks

Lesa
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 08:35 PM

I can also suggest CROSSAIR leaving from Ciampino airport. One flight a day but departing at 20.30 pm and arriving around 23.00 pm in Orly airport. Very good fares.
I can also suggest KUWAIT airways, which has return fares from about 260 euros plus taxes . I was suggesting this airline to my customers also after the terrorist attacks, and nobody has had any problem mostly because as i would usually say "fire doesnt touch fire" (being an arab company, it is less likely that they are going to attack a "brother" company, dont you think?). There are 3 or 4 flights a week departing form Fiumicino airport to Charles de Gaulle, usually departing around 17.00 pm and arriving at 19.00 pm and on the way back departing form Paris around 11.00 am.
Also Saudi Arabian Airlines has good fares and good timetables (departing from Rome at 6 am!!! but in this case you'll have a whole day in Paris).
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 09:06 PM

no, I wouldn't think that. There are a lot of disgrunted persons of various nationalities who don't care for their government's position, and I'm sure plenty of them are Saudi (understatement of the year). Let's see... you can't imagine any Saudi citizen becoming disenchanted with his or a neighboring Arab country's government, or any Islamic person from another place disliking the Saudis? YOu don't think anyone might be a tad bothered by the American soldiers training and lined up in Kuwait ready to invade Iraq? Or that half of the country has been declared a military zone and is the grounding stage for US troops and tanks? Glad you're not my travel agent, I find your advice incredible.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:22 AM

Try Volare: http://w4.volareweb.com/en/index.html

I have flown Saudia twice and they were very pleasant. But I can't believe that they are the cheapest way to fly this route.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:24 AM

Sorry, Volare only do Milan to Paris.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 10:42 AM

Dear Christina,
What I was trying to explain is that, whenver I would suggest the Saudi arabian airlines or the Kuwait airlines to my customers who wanted to go to Paris on a cheap fare(especially after the terrorist attacks in New York), they would often say "what? flying with an arab airline?". I would reassure them that there have never been problems with these companies and facts (people actually flying with no problems on these companies from Rome to Paris) showed that I was right.
I find your remarks a bit out of place here in this forum therefore I wouldn't even bother to give an explanation to everything you said. I am glad that I have not YOU as my customer, for your peevishness and your unrequested philippic is frankly ridiculous.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Umm... Crossair is now called SWISS and certainly doesn't fly nonstop from Rome to Paris! You would have to connect in Zurich and they don't have low one-way fares.

A less convenient but perhaps still acceptable alternative would be to fly Virgin Express to Brussels, then train (about 2 hours) to Paris.

Hope this helps,
Andre
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Yes Andre, you're right, Crossair is now Swiss (also former Swiss Air). I made a mistake in writing the company: it is CORSAIR not Crossair and it DOES fly from Rome to Paris Orly, I have flown with this company (when i flew with it flights departed from Ciampino airport but now they depart from Fiumicino). Check the site www.corsair.fr
To book while in Italy you can call 06-48771353 or 06 48771354 or have a look at www.distal.it/inglese/home.html
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Try www.germanwings.com
Cheap one-ways
Rome-Cologne then Cologne-Paris
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help, have booked with Saudia as they have a flight leaving at 7.45 in the morning which connects with our incoming flight at 6am. Reasonable price of $109 Euro...not too bad.