Chasing Bernini in Rome

Search

Chasing Bernini in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chasing Bernini in Rome

My trip report and photos from my April Rome trip is up on my website. We were in Rome for 5 days and attended Mass at the Vatican. Feel free to ask me any questions - Rome is one of my favorite cities in the world and I can't wait to go back!

Chris

http://caroundtheworld.com/chasing-bernini-in-rome/
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 04:58 AM

You lost me with Dan Brown. He isn't a writer; he is a typist.

Keith and I will be in Rome in 3 weeks and hopefully keep our distance from the crazy loon religious fanatics.

We plan on eating at Osteria del Angelo after touring the Vatican Museum.

Thank you for your lovely photos, sweetie darling.

Thin
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thin -

Dan Brown is not my favorite writer either - he was merely a hook for my story. I do like how he incorporated Rome into the book, however.

Osteria del Angelo was v. good. It's about 1/4 mile from the Vatican Museum (so if you are tired from the museum, expect to walk a bit). For us, it was worth it to avoid some of the more touristy places that were closer.

Enjoy your trip!

Chris
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM

Well, sweetie darling, Keith and I are staying right off of Via Andrea Doria for two days before heading on over to the St. Regis Grand for 7 days.

It is just a short walk over to Via G Bettolo from our lovely hotel.

Thin
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hi

Thanks for the link - the info is great and your husbands photos are brilliant

Emerald
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 05:31 AM

Chris
I have really enjoyed reading your posts on here as well as your "blog" (I think they call it). I know just enough about technology to be dangerous. Let me get to the point. A small group of us are going to Italy and Switzerland in July/August 2010. Tentative itinerary is 3 days Rome, 3 days Sienna, 2 days in Cinque Terre, and the final week in Wengen.
Any suggestions? Have you been to any of these areas (other than of course Rome). My wife and I are responsible for planning place to stay and activiteis for two days in CT. Thoughts?
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Kwilly -

I rented a car on the outskirts of Siena for our Tuscany trip, but didn't have enough time to actually go in the city, as I had to visit two specific towns in the area for a story. My colleagues here love it, though. Eventually, I'll get there!

The last time I was on the Cinque Terre was in the early 1990s as a backpacker. At the time, I loved the wildness of it. I took a few days and hiked between the different towns, up and down the hills (which I don't recall as too physically demanding at the time - but I was young then!) I was also traveling in the off-season so I didn't face the crowds that you probably get in July and August. If you do the hike, you should make reservations ahead of time at the places you want to stay.

As my perceptions are way outdated and I have no specifics, you will probably have better luck posting a question to this forum. I do much of my research here, as well as the forums on TripAdvisor.

Thanks for reading!
Chris
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM

ttt
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Great photos~and posted a comment on your "blog".
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

iluvitaly -

Thanks for reading - and especially for commenting! I didn't get to Sant’Andrea della Fratte or San Francesco a Ripa...will have to do next time. That's what we all love about Rome, I think. You can go back again and again and still find something new to see!