Reload this Page >

Change planes in Frankfurt or Zurich?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Karen

I have to change planes in either one of these airports. Is one better than another? I don't speak German and I am concerned about the language issue.<BR><BR>Thank you for you help.<BR><BR>Karen

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:38 AM
karl

DO not worry about the language..both will have plenty of English speakers. In fact, most of the Swiss and Germans probably speak English better than you. That said, if you have a long layover between planes, Frankfurt will offer more in the way of diversions to kill the time (shops, eating, etc).

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Jurgen

Ho yankee Schweine. Erlernen Sie etwas Deutsches und dann sprechen wir mit Ihnen

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:05 AM
mj

Karen,<BR>Language issue won't be a problem in either airport. That goes for the signs as well.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:26 AM
s

Karen,<BR><BR>Zurich airport is smaller, so the chances of a long hike in transit may be minimal there. Yet I think there's lots to do -- duty free shopping, restaurants, etc.<BR><BR>As others have said, these international airports are pretty much idiot-proof -- even for me!<BR><BR>s

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:24 AM
John

Having been to both in the past 14 months, I'd say that:<BR>1. both have many english speaking staff<BR>2. Zurich is much easier to navigate-less long haul between planes.<BR>3. Both have shopping and other diversions sufficient for a short layover

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:37 AM
perv

The real plus to Frankfurt is the Adult Book Store and Sex Shop that is in the main terminal.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Karen

Thank you for the responses. I think I'll try for Zurich because it is smaller and I don't want my 14-year-old son to discover adult bookstores yet (ah, teens).<BR><BR>And thanks for lessening my fears over the language issue.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:39 PM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>I've spent many happy ? hours at both these airports.<BR><BR>Maybe I'm prejudiced by spending 6 hrs between flights at Frankfurt, maybe 20 times, but Zurich is smaller, less hassle, and used to have cheaper duty free.<BR><BR>Peter<BR><BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:49 PM
anne

Jurgen,<BR>ich hoffe nur, dass Sie nicht Deutscher sind. Sonst waere es angebracht, selber etwas Deutsch (nicht : Deutsches) zu lernen. Ziemlich primitiv!