Reload this Page >

Central Istanbul Hotel

Search

Central Istanbul Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Clare

Central Istanbul Hotel

Could someone a central hotel in Istanbul - I'm looking for something classy like a 5 star hotel? Thanks!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Terry

The best hotel in Istanbul is the Four Seasons which is conveniently located by the Blue Mosquein the Sultanahmet District. Rates are around $450 a night. The Hotel Side which is right across from the four Seasons is very nice, clean, ensuite, etc for $50 a night - Take your pick.<BR>Have a grat trip, Istanbul is a great city.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:41 AM
ist

Agree with Terry,another options:<BR>The MARMARA HOTEL;Taksim Square hotel,Swisshotel or the best at the bosphorus CIRAGAN HOTEL..<BR>For other options 4 stars:Arcadia,Grand Yavuz,Blue Hotel and Antik Hotel<BR>You can also check from this hotel other<BR>people's recomend about the city;hotels..etc<BR>Enjoy your trip<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:51 AM
abc

CIRAGAN PALACE IS THE BEST IN TURKEY<BR>Here is the web page of them<BR><BR>http://www.ciragan-palace.com/<BR><BR>Enjoy to stay in Turkey<BR><BR>ABC<BR>

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Clare

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I love the Four Seasons but I'm afraid it's a little out of my budget and besides no pool! Does anyone have any knowledge of the location of the Hilton or Intercontinental?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:21 AM
lucky

You could not go wrong with either the 4 Seasons or the Kempinski Ciragan Palace. Have not stayed at 4 Seasons...have stayed at Ciragan Palace. It is very nice. Although the 4 Seasons is a bit more centally located. There is a certain allure to the Ciragan which has great views of the Bosphorous. It is but a short taxi ride to the main sites from the Palace. ALso, there is a water taxi that can be taken which is less that a 5 minute walk from the Palace. It is but a short boat ride across the Bosphorous to sight see.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Ninsun

I stayed at the Intercontinental. While I enjoyed my stay there, I would not recommend it because it is not convenient to any major tourist attractions.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Claire52

I'm enjoying following the progress of your trip from Athens to Istanbul!<BR><BR>I can't help with a specific hotel (when we went to Istanbul, we were in a small hotel that we booked as part of a package deal, on the Sultanahmet side), but I wanted to comment on location. The Hilton and Intercontinental hotels, as well as most of the others of that type, are in the new part of the city, which is a tram ride and a hike, or a taxi ride, from the "Old City" (Sultanahmet District), where most of the tourist attractions (the Topkapi Palace, St. Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar) all are. If you like walking out of the hotel and being in the middle of the historic center, then you might want something in Sultanahmet, but I would be surprised if any of them have a pool, since they would most likely be conversions of older buildings, like the Four Seasons. <BR><BR>The New City, on the other hand, has a lot of restaurants and shopping, the opera house, a few museums along the Bosphorus (the Dohmanbahce (sp?) Palace and the Naval Museum, as I recall), and some of the ferry landings, so you may end up spending some of your time there anyway.<BR><BR>The Ciragan Palace, also in the New City, is unique, in that it stands on its own grounds on the Bosphorus (I think you see it in the background in one of the James Bond movies), so it might be an experience in itself.<BR><BR>Make sure you get to see the underground cistern, near the St. Sophia - really neat!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:52 AM
murat

Clare, what is your budhet for the classy hotel in istanbul ??<BR><BR>Variety and options are great for istanbul...<BR><BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Mary

We stayed at the President Hotel, which is part of the Best Western chain. It wasn't luxury, but very nice. About $100.00/night, near the bazaar, in the old city. They had a very nice pool on the roof with great views of Istanbul. The staff was wonderful, huge breakfasts included, a nice resturant on the premises and within walking distance to all the major attractions. Really good water pressure in the shower, if that matters to you.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:16 AM
alp

Hi..... About 5 stars hotel in Istanbul especially in Sultanahmet; you can check <BR><BR>http://www.silkroadhotels.com/istanbul_ing/districtsofistanbul.htm<BR><BR>bye... alp

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:15 PM
karen

Ciragan is the hotel that has the best pool in the city.You can enjoy the view while swimming or lounging by the pool.<BR>

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:14 PM
denyse

We stayed at the Ciragan Palace, and it is truly a magnificent hotel. The views on the Bosphorus are stunning, and the Palace itself is a work of Art. Although the Four seasons is more centrally located, it's not really out of the way. It is probably the most memorable hotel stay we have ever experienced. (Of course, being there during the earthquake in 1999 helped in that regard!).

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:49 AM
JoJo

Hotel Nena!! Very, very clean, totally modern, and guess what? Extremely reasonable ($80)! But try to bargain. Central location, terrific terrace views and excellent, first-class service. Better than spending $450 per night!!! You guys must be RICH.