Search

Cech Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cech Airlines

Has anyone flown Czech Airline recently? We will be traveling to Prague in July and would like to know if you were satisfied and would recommend this airline for our flight from the U.S. Also, are there any suggestions on what type of clothing to bring for that time of year? Thanks!
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM

I flew Czech Airlines between Amsterdam and Prague 6 months ago. Can't say that I was impressed. The planes were no more than average in cleanliness, several seats were broken. Standard pitch between rows = kind of tight.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM

We flew Czech Air on April 14th and 21st through ABC Tours. Going there we were the most crowded and cramped. The food was vile. Coming home we were comfortable and the service/food was very nice. It was on time both ways and I would do it again.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Syl

We flew to Prague in October.Similar to other post, going there was cramped, return was roomier.Chose CzechAir because of the cheap price of segments e.g.Prague-Krakow was $110 Cdn, same with Krakow-Prague-Budapest.
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:40 PM

i worked in prague for many months and flew czech airlines from london to prague and back every week. my last trip there was about 9 months ago. the airline is fine...i never had a problem with it. in fact, i could have flown BA and i preferred CSA. i was often in economy and never found it cramped. the food tends to be cold plates of cheese and meats. not the best thing but this was a short flight and i prefer this to other bad airline food.

after flying them many, many times, i would have no problem flying them again. however, i have no idea how my experience on this one route compares to medium haul flights from the US.
Old May 12th, 2006, 09:30 PM

Flown many times (between US & Prague, as well as withing Europe), and never had a problem. I enjoy their Czech movies, too!
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:03 AM
RFJ

For what it's worth, this is from Radio Prague news dated May 15th, 2006:

http://www.radio.cz/en/news#2

The International Air Transport Association, IATA, has declared the Czech national carrier, CSA, the best European provider of on-board service to both its economy-class and first-class passengers. The results come from a survey in which 12 000 passengers travelling with eleven of Europe's most popular carriers placed Czech Airlines first, followed by the Hungarian carrier Malev, Finn Air, Austrian Airlines, and the Polish carrier, Lot. The President of CSA, Radomir Lasak, said that the survey confirmed that CSA's strongpoint rests with the high degree of professional on-board service, and the quality of refreshments served in-flight. Czech Airlines currently operates 50 planes and in 2005 the airline transported a record 5.2 million passengers.
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM

I flew Czech Airlines last month from Prague to Paris and it was just fine. Flight attendants aren't helpful though with questions like what terminal will we land at, etc.
Old May 31st, 2008, 06:17 AM

Can we not get a more recent review of CSA? I am especially interested in the JFK-PRG experience 2008. I heard the food is good, they play classical music as you board, and that the airport in Prague is a pleasure. Will know for sure in Sept. when I go and will report back at that time.
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Flew JFK-Prague-JFK within the last 10 days. Czech airlines is ok - but doesn't compare to my favorite (so far), which is Finnair. Sat on runway for over 1 hr when leaving JFK due to luggage being on board, but not accompanying passenger. That could happen with any airline. Food is so-so, but they do come around frequently with something to drink. Always appreciate the hot towel as you approach your destination, but they didn't offer this either enroute to Prague or returning to JFK. (maybe a service cut)? Traveled in economy class and sat in row 7GH on way to Prague and row 8AB on return - flight attendants said these rows (and the ones before them) do not have the overhead fans, so it wasn't possible to get fresh air blowing on you, so it was a bit warm. At about the halfway point on the return flight, the lavatory ran out of paper-and nothing was replaced by the flight crew. I thought for sure the flight attendant using the toilet would replenish the paper after having used the facility herself, but no! Economy is seat configured as 2-4-2, and the lavatory is located on the AB seat side-meaning a line can (and did) back up often for those wanting to use it. Not necessarily a problem, but since the seats don't have individual monitors, it can be difficult to watch a movie as there will be people blocking your view.

We also flew CSA from Prague to Belgrade (on a regional jet), and that flight was as smooth as could be - in fact, we landed early in Belgrade.

All in all, the flights were smooth and with the exception of the delay leaving JFK, on time. I would prefer flying another airline on our next trip to Europe if possible.

Don't mean to sound negative, but we've had better experiences on other airlines on trips to Europe.