CDG to Blanche metro

Search

CDG to Blanche metro

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDG to Blanche metro

I'm arriving monday at CDG and plan to use RER to Gare du Nord, transferring to metro to Blanche. It looks like there is a fairly long connection between Gare du Nord and La Chapelle which would then take me to Blanche. Am I correct in assuming there is a connection? And is it a safe way to go? We will be travelling from the airport with 1 carryon each.
Every time I try to use the RATP itinerary planner I get a message that the route finder is temporarily unavailable.
Is there is a better connection from Gare du Nord to Blanche?
thanks!
kathy
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:12 PM

Can't speak to the safety of the area, but the RATP web site came up with these directions:

At Gare du Nord, follow signs for metro line 4 (direction Porte de Clingancourt). Exit at the Barbes-Rochechouart stop. Follow signs for a transfer to line 2 (direction Porte Dauphine (Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny)). Exit at the Blanche stop.

The web site estimates 15 minutes start to finish.

Enjoy your trip!!

Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM

I can't recommend changing trains at B-R. One line is elevated, and the other underground. There are about five flights of stairs. Go to the Chappelle stop.

Were it me, I'd take the N° 54 bus straight from Gare du Nord to Blanche.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Sure, you can take the tunnel to La Chapelle and Metro 2 (Dauphine) to Blanche (4 stops).

OR take Métro 4 (Clignancourt) from Gare du Nord, 1 stop to Barbès Rochechouart and switch to line 2 (Dauphine).

But just as good, or better, is this: Step out front, rue de Dunkerque (don't cross), and take bus nr. 54 (Direction Gabriel Péri-Métro), in 10 minutes you will be at Blanche.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM

I did the transfer from Gare du Nord to La Chapelle coming and going with a rolling suitcase and shoulder tote last November without much trouble. It is quite a long walk but not many stairs if I recall. There were plenty of others doing the same trek. And on the way back to CDG I had pneumonia - didn't realize how sick I was til I got back to NYC ;-)
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Just google <b>la chapelle metro paris</b> and press &quot;Maps.&quot;

Select the Hybrid view and zoom in to the max. The platform is about a story above the street (and I don't think there are any escalators).

Or go here: http://tinyurl.com/2jqthb and hit the &quot;right arrow&quot; at the bottom of the left-hand panel. That trestle is what you have to surmount.

I like the bus.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
There is one flight of stairs to climb between Gare du Nord and La Chapelle &gt;&gt; after the connecting tunnel, there is an escalator followed by a flight of stairs then another escalator to get up to the platform of the metro station. It is by far the easiest way to get from Gare du Nord to Blanche and is included in your RER fare, as opposed to using a bus. If you are at the back of the train from CDG, you will have even less distance to walk.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 09:59 PM

Having done that journey (Gare du Nord&gt;Blanche) a good number of times, I too prefer the bus. I don't like that connection from Gare du Nord RER to Chappelle, and I don't much like Chappelle metro station either.
Old Feb 14th, 2007, 11:32 PM

Afraid of immigrants?
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:05 AM

No, why would I be? I used to go that way to work (in St Denis) every day, and just prefer the bus, that's all. I don't like la Chapelle station (or Barbes) because I always get confused with the entrance/exits and stairs. And I don't like that long walkway because it's so long! Call me lazy, I just prefer the bus.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:25 AM

I take the La Chapelle metro station every single day, since it is in my neighborhood, and it only has one exit at street level as well as only one link from Gare du Nord. Therefore, I cannot really imagine anyone being confused by it.
As for taking the bus, it is fine for those of us who know where we are going, but in this specific instance, it doesn't make sense due to the extra expense and complication involved when it is so easy to just take the metro.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM

Oh well, I must be getting it mixed up with Barbes then. My mistake.