CDG cab to Paris

Old Oct 17th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Victor

CDG cab to Paris

Just curious, how much would a cab for 2 from CDG to Gare St. Lazare be...?

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 12:24 AM
hanl

I'm diverging a little on the main question, as i'm not sure about cab fares from CDG to St lazare... but did you know that you can get the Roissybus, which leaves every fifteen minutes from outside all terminals at CDG, and takes you directly to Rue Scribe, which is right next to the Opera house and very close to St Lazare. It costs 8 euros per person one-way and it's pretty quick. Plus there's loads of space for you luggage, and it's rarely crowded.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 05:26 AM
SA

I always take the RER to the MEtro, it is even cheaper...

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Sue

Cab for 3 of us plus luggage in May from CDG to St. Germain was 48 euros arriving, 46 returning, both weekday rush hours. We probably paid a little extra for the 3rd person, luggage, etc.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Ronda

Sue, sounds about right for 3. A year ago, for two, it was less but I can't remember the exact amount. I thought it was worth it not to have to drag luggage on the train.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 08:38 AM
susan

Victor:

This is your wife. Don't you have a job to do? Did you do your server maintainence? BTW: Did you get your leather coat to the repair shop? Did you print out our e-ticket?

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Eric

I agree with hanl.

I've taken a cab, rode the RER and the bus is the best and funnest way. No hassle, not crowded and stress free. But you will still need to take the metro after get into Paris. If you have a lot of luggage it's not fun.

Old Oct 18th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Sue

Heartily agree with Eric; RER and Metro are not at all fun with luggage--au contraire!

Old Oct 19th, 2002, 09:58 AM
cl

We paid approximately 45 euro inclulding baggage for our trip from CDG to St. Germain des Pres area. I thought the shuttle would be better but I wholeheartedly believe in taking a taxi now. There's no waiting for a taxi as there is with shuttles. Too much hassle to contact them also.