CDG and Terminals 2C and 2F

Apr 9th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Sam

CDG and Terminals 2C and 2F

We are arriving in terminal 2C and departing for Athens two hours later from 2F
Anyone knows if they are at the same builing? How to make this transfer painless?
We are flying from the US on Air France all the way to Athens so I think our bags should be checked in all the way from Newark to Athens, right?
Any suggestions, ideas are are very welcomed. Thanks

Apr 9th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Christina

I've done that several times as it's a typical AF transfer. No, they are not the same building -- 2F is separate from the building that houses 2A and 2C. I don't know about painless, but you don't have much choice, you have to go through an area for passengers in transfer and a shuttle bus takes you there. Generally, follow the crowd but I think it is a little tricky in CDG, actually, to be sure you find the correct transfer point to the right terminal, I don't think it's marked that well, so you do have to look out for signs. Yes, your bags should just be checked through by AF, mine always have been in that situation.

Jun 8th, 2005, 11:52 AM

Yes, I have been looking for this info...thanks! We will be doing the '2C' to '2F' transfer later this June (according to my ticket itinerary). How likely is it that I will land into '2C' and departing to Rome out of '2F' if I have AF all the way? Do they change terminals on you often? Also, we only have an hour and 5 min. to do it. I'm assuming they wouldn't keep making tight connections if it weren't possible, right? Here's keeping our fingers crossed that we make it as well as our luggage!!!
Jun 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM

2C and 2F are at the same terminal, they are different halls within the terminal.
The TGV /RER hall divides Terminal 2 into 'halves'; 2C is in one half, and 2F is in the other half.
There is a post with a good link to show the terminal maps - I'll find it and add below. (it's a different site than www.adp.fr, although there is a terminal map there, too).
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:03 PM

Travelnut,

I apologize for using the term 'terminal' when I was thinking 'hall' in my head. I am looking forward to your next post/link. I have seen many maps of CDG so am I correct in assuming that hall 'F' is not connected w/the others (A - D)? Is riding the shuttle bus my best (and/or only) option from 'C' to 'F'?
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:10 PM

Ira's message:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr have changed their website.

You can now get maps of CDG1 and CDG2 in PDF format that allow you to zoom in so that you can actually read the words.

Under "dans l'aeroport" click "les terminaux", then click the one you want.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34631989

I haven't traversed the entire terminal yet, so I don't know if you can pass through the train station to the other side, but it seems that you should be able to (since it is accessible to both sides).
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Yes you can travel from one side of T2 to the other through the train station. You have to go down a level, across, then back up. There are elevators and escalators depending upon your luggage load.
Jun 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM
ira

Often, you can get from one hall to the other at CDG2 faster by exiting the secure area and walking, than going by shuttle.

Ask the AF people upon arrival which would be your fastest route.