carriglea..killarney or kilkenny?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all.....this is a b&b , i am acually interested in the one in killarney but i am getting a little confused because i think that there is one by the same name in kilkenny also....can anyone clarify this for me, and maybe tell me if they had a good experience? thanks!!
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:11 PM

We stayed at the one in Killarney, this past June. It is on Muckross Road, (the N71) just south of town. Their email address is [email protected].
Phone: 064 31116
Fax: 064 37693
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:22 PM

Ooops!
We booked one night at the recommendation of the Tourist Office, in town, as we wanted to be close to a nearby pub where a musician we know was performing. We intended to spend the next night elsewhere as our friend was playing at the opposite end of town, next. One look at the place and we extended our stay to both nights. The view of the lower lake is incredible and the upstairs rooms in the old Carraige House (we had a bedroom, a sitting room and a LARGE bath) were excellent. The main house is an old Victorian Farm/Manor House and both buildings sit on 30 Acres, only a mile or so south of Killarney Town Center.
We would definitely return.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Original Poster

thank you,

i tried to send an e-mail, but it kept being bounced back, stating that it couldn't recognize the e-mail address..i tried sending it from two different e-mail accounts

so i will take the info with us, and try to contact them when we arrive....which is in just three days!

did you use the tourist office often for accommodations? thanks again.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:54 PM

mimda, why don't you try calling? Here is the number I googled: 353 64 31116. You can use a dial-around # or dial direct; the country code for ireland is 011. You can call first thing in the morning and it will not be too early for Ireland! Good luck! It's a shame when you have a b&b that you know you want to try and then find out they are booked.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Only done so a few times. In this case, we knew the name of the pub our friend was performing at and went into the tourist office to ask them to book us into someplace nearby. It was about 5PM, in the middle of June. They charge about 2 Euro to make the reservation, plus you pre-pay 10% of the room charge, as a deposit. Once they have secured the room(s) for you, they give you a receipt which you give to the B&B operator, along with the balance.
We usually call ourselves as we carry an Irish cellphone, but in this instance, given the lateness of the hour, the time of year and our unsureness as to best location, we opted to do the Tourist Office thing, instead.
Have only done so two or three times, usually when traveling with large groups (three couples) as it can be difficult to find three vacancies, particularly when running a bit behind schedule.
Dunno why the email address didn't work, I copied it off their business card. You could book it from the Tourist office in the airport, once you arrive. They only charge for a successful booking.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 08:32 PM

Just for clarification. The country code for Ireland is 353 not 011. 011 is the international access code. To dial Ireland: 011 353 area code (minus zero) phone number.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 03:54 AM

Oops! Irisheyes, thanks for fixing my mistake, don't know what I was thinking/typing, I was looking right at the piece of paper I used to call Ireland on Saturday!
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 02:13 PM

allisonm, Easy enough to get numbers scrambled up. Most of the time they hardly compute in my mind either!