Search

car rental

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Rosemary

car rental

Which car rental company has the best rates in Milan,Italy?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:08 PM
xxx

Auto Europe.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Rex

AutoEurope.com will often be the best answer, but it's almost always worthwile to do a little bit of comparison price shopping.<BR><BR>I recommend<BR><BR>www.its-cars-hotels.com<BR>www.kemwel.com<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>www .travelocity.com<BR><BR>as well.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Mike

In the US, there is so much variability. Hertz is usually not the cheapest, but I've been surprised.<BR><BR>In Italy, Kemmel isn't bad. Sixt is famous for it's C class Mercedes with automatic transmission (something Americans like) for a similar price as an ordinary car at another company. Car rental can be extremely expensive without a reservation (occasionally cheap) so I would reserve a car before leaving. Hertz can be ok if you reserve in advance. Budget is often not the cheapest but not outrageous.<BR><BR>It will save you a lot if you can drive a stick shift. I would not drive in Italy if people in the US consider you a slowpoke driver. This kind of driving may be legal and ok in the US, but is deadly in Italy. If you are capable of driving fast, can drive on a narrow street, then you will be fine in Italy. A co-driver/map reader will help. Once in Italy you don't have to drive so fast that you are a maniac so don't misunderstand me.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:14 AM
up

to the top<BR>