Search

capri - how long?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
loc
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
capri - how long?

My husband and I will be spending 4 nights in Capri. What are your favorite things to do and see when any of you have stayed there? Is four days too long?
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Whether four days is "too long" would depend, I think, on the rest of your itinerary. For me, if I wasn't already spending time seeing Pompeii, a town or two along the Amalfi Coast and perhaps Naples, then four days just on Capri would be too long.

It would also depend on the time of year of your visit. At the height of the season (late June, July, August, early September), the crowds during the day might make your experience more trying than relaxing.

My personal favorite thing is riding the chair lift from Anacapri to the highest point on the island. There's a public pool and a small cafe (snacks, drinks), and the views are fantastic. You can ride the chair back down or walk downhill back to Anacapri.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM

I think 4 days may be too long. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful! Perhaps you could do a day trip from there to Pompeii or an Amalfi Coast drive with stops in a couple of cities there.

If you want to take some time to relax, swim, etc. then 3 days would be more than enough on the island itself.

My favorite was the chairlift and the blue grotto. It's not always possible to enter the blue grotto but, if you can, it's definately worth seeing.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 08:34 AM

husband and I agree that Capri was our favorite part of our honeymoon. But we did feel like we "did" it in 3 days. That gave us plenty of time to see the Capri Town, Anacapri, walk up to Villa Jovis, do a boat tour, rent a moped for a drive around, do some shopping, people watching, and gelato eating.

With 3 days we felt like we had a good mix of "doing stuff" and relaxing.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Maybe a day trip to Ischia (sp) would be nice?
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
loc
Original Poster

I should have mentioned that we will be in Sorrento for a week using that as home base for trips around the Amalfi Coast as well as Pompeii. Our trip will start and end in Naples. Our four days in Capri would be the first four days of Oct.
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Neopolitan

Day trips to both Ischia and Procida are wonderful ideas if there is too much daytime in Capri. But there can never be too many evenings in Capri!