To Capri or not to Capri?

Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

To Capri or not to Capri?

I have business in Naples for a few days at the start of November. Extending my stay I can free up 3 days for myself.

My question is - should Capri be one of those 3 days ? Right now I'm thinking: Pompeii - the AC - and a day doing Naples sights.

Is Capri a higher priority ? Which one would it bump.

Thanks
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM

If you could stay on Capri for one night that would make the difference. After spending twonights there, we loved it so much I could see staying longer. But not as just a day trip; you really do not get a feel for it.

In any case, I would go to Pompeii if you like history; it's fascinating. A day along the AC is possible, rushed, but possible. Perhaps just visit one or two of the towns. Describe what you like to do and see and where you envision yourself and perhaps we can help you even more.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM

I agree that Capri should be an overnight trip, as the island has a completely different feel to it, an atmosphere simply not present during the day. Also, in November the weather is getting rather iffy. I'd put Capri off and see Naples or Pompeii.

Buon Viaggio,
BC
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:21 PM

Go to Capri. for at least two days . It was just beautiful. You can take the boat ride to the grottos from Marina Grande. Anacapri is a lovely Mediterranean landscape.It is situated on the high part of the island. You can take the chairlift from Piazza della Vittoria. The views of the Gulfs fo Neaples and Salerno are spectacular.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM

Highly recommend staying in Capri, as we just did. 3 nights wasn't long enough for us. Don't know about the weather in Nov though...

Steve R
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM

Hi backer, I love Capri but I wouldn't spend the time doing a day trip and I too would be hesitant about the weather at the start of November. I would opt for Pompeii, the AC and a day in Naples.

But if you happen to have beautiful weather you could make the final decision about Capri when you finish with your business dealings in Naples.

I hope you enjoy Naples. It is chaotic, horrible traffic etc., but it is such a vibrant city. And Pompeii is certainly worthwhile visiting, a day you will never forget I am sure. The AC, soooo beautiful.

So many fantastic places and so little time! Wishing you a wonderful visit.