Can't check in online with United

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Paris at the moment. I tried to check in online for my flight in the morning and got the following:

Wed, May 9, 2007
Scheduled: 12:10 PM
Estimated: 12:10 PM
Charles De Gaulle Airport (CDG) Los Angeles International (LAX)
Status: We cannot process your check-in. Please see a United representative at the airport for assistance.

This makes me uncomfortable. Has this happened to any of you? Any thoughts as to why I can't check-in within the appropriate 24 hours? The flight is via Chicago -- same flight number for both flights. Thanks.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM
ira

Hi luv,

Why not call United?

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM

There's no online check-in from international destinations to the US.

From the FAQs:
Eligible travel includes:
* All travel within the United States, including Alaska; Hawaii; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas and the U.S. Virgin Islands
* All international outbound travel from the United States
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Ira, I knew someone would say that. Okay, I admit, I don't know how to use the phones here and I don't speak French. Although I've done well enough at the pharmacies!
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

ms_go, thank you. I'll sleep better tonight.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM
ira

Hi luv,

>I don't know how to use the phones here and I don't speak French.

That's why many people stay at hotels.

Old May 8th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

I am staying at a hotel. The nice concierge at my hotel in Amsterdam helped me make a call to my bank in the U.S. after I had a problem with my ATM card. I just didn't want to bother anyone. As usual, someone on this board had the answer for me quickly. I just love this board!!!

I will post my trip report in a week or so. It will take longer for me to get my photos up.
Old May 8th, 2007, 05:41 AM

Since you are IN a hotel and if you cannot sleep after all and just HAVE "to know" then here's what i would do...

either call the phone number for United (provided you can even find it) and start out with Parlez-vous Anglais? or something close to that and hope for a positive response

Or, go to the front desk and thell them the situation, what you are trying to learhn, and ask them to call United for you.

I doubt the flight has been cancelled..this far out...
Old May 8th, 2007, 06:19 AM

If United don't allow online check in in most of the world, no-one else can check in either for this flight, so why does the problem matter?

If you're worried about the flight being cancelled (and we all managed to avoid panic attacks about cancellations back in the days before on line check in), just go onto the CDG website and check the status of the incoming flight six hours or so before takeoff.

The fact that the United site estimates takeoff at 1210 does rather imply no-one's even dreaming about cancellations right now.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:38 AM

Just because this poster can't check in doesn't mean other people can't. There is likely an obscure reason for it, but no need to worry. I would post on the United forum at FlyerTalk.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:44 AM

WillTravel--as I posted above, United doesn't permit online check-in for flights from international destinations to the United States.
Old May 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
&quot;<i>doesn't mean other people can't. </i>

Yes it does -- One cannot check in on-line for flights to the US from overseas. It isn't just luvtotravel -it is everyone . . . . .
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

I'm home. No problem at CDG. I checked in just fine. The flights were a little cramped, but I slept the majority of the time (thanks Xanax). A couple of weeks ago a post was listed by someone saying we would not be allowed to bring bottled water on board. In fact, many people were doing so, including me. The only question I was asked when I mentioned I was bringing food and water aboard (in answer to their question) was &quot;are they sealed?&quot; They weren't, but I said they were. Also, I did not need to take my shoes off to go through security. I did, however, need to remove my shoes for my connection in Chicago.