Can you recommend a UK car hire company?

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Fred

Can you recommend a UK car hire company?

Have you had a good (or bad) experience with UK car hire company? Do you have a recommendation, any advice?
Thanks,
Fredrico

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Andy

Fred- we have always used AUTO Europe=their cars are in great shape and never had a problem with them....

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Gordon R

All the major international rental companies are active here in the UK, including Avis, Budget, Europcar etc. There's also a several others such as Easy Rentacar and Sixt) well known in Europe. All have similar service though its worth shopping round for deals

I don't know Auto Europe, from what I can make out on this board, they are a just a booking agent for rental companies (and used mainly by N Americans). Not aware of them operating cars themselves.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Rex

In addition to the usuals, I can report a good experience with Woods Car rental, picking up at Stanstead and returning to Heathrow. And they did not require the oh-so-customary three day minimum.

http://www.woods.co.uk/index.asp

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:06 AM
up

topping for Fred

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Flamer

Up-
Plz extend my sympathies to Fred for his inability to top his own post.It is indeed and arduous task.
Fred-
I always book with AutoEurope.They are indeed a "booking agency".They always always know instantly the best rates,whether it is Hertz,Avis,National,NoBrand or whatever.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 10:19 AM
well...

He can't top it if he doesn't realize it is waiting "down there", buried 150 posts "deep".

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Fred

I apologise for being a fodors posting novice, and uncertain of the 'topping etiquette' rules.

I thought perhaps 'topping' was like 'pushing in' in a queue, and frowned upon.
I thought if I post a question and noone answers it is my fault for having a boring question!

Fred

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:42 AM
xxx

Have had positive experiences with Auto Europe for other countries. Booked through Kemwel (sp?) while in England and had no trouble.