Camogli---I Tre Merli

Search

Camogli---I Tre Merli

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camogli---I Tre Merli

Searching for a nice place for our family of four on the Ligurian coast, I am drawn to Camogli, and found mention of I Tre Merli. It looks lovely, but I am trying to figure out their minisuite accommodation. Here is the description in Italian:

"A vostra disposizione ci sono una minisuite, una camera doppia - entrambe con angolo cottura - e altre tre camere con soppalco per ragazzi; gli alloggi hanno pavimenti in parquet, bagni con pietra di Bedonia e sono completi di TV LCD - con programmazione satellitare - e internet Wi-Fi."

And the English translation on the website:

"If you wish, you can stay in our mini-suite, a double room - both with kitchenette - and other three rooms with an intermediate floor for teenagers; the rooms have parquet floors, the bathrooms are in Bedonia stone, the furnishing is completed with LCD TV - with satellite programming - and Wi-Fi Internet."

My question is whether this is the Veronica mini-suite, described as follows:

Veronica
"Mini suite matrimoniale rivolta a sud-ovest, con vista sul porticciolo, possibilità di aggiungere un letto, soppalchino per gioco bimbi, angolo cottura con accessori e stoviglie per quattro persone."

Seems like this is describing a double room with one bed added, so how do they get to four people? Or are they combining two rooms to get the suite in th etop description, with the "other three rooms for teenagers"? What does "intermediate floor" refer to?
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 02:01 AM

Hi Eks - Welcome back Planning your next trip already?

'soppalco' is usually a 'balcony' area - here's a picture -

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/i-tr...-89265&lang=en
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 02:52 AM

Sorry, Eks - from that link, click on 'photos'

- * mezzanine* ?
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 06:06 AM

ENZIAN - my apologies! See what happens when I start the day without espresso?!

Time I booked a holiday ...

Steve
Old Oct 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi Steve! Had that expresso yet?

So I see that little stairway in the photo on your link. I hand't noticed that before. So this suite has a little loft?

Does it sound from the translation that by "double room" they mean two rooms, and also two bathrooms?

Here is the English translation ofor the Veronica suite (I forgot to include it before):

Veronica
"Matrimonial mini-suite looking to the Southwest, with a view of the marina and the possibility of adding a bed, small boxroom for children's games, equipped kitchenette and kitchenware for four people."

Is the "small box room" the loft area?
Old Oct 8th, 2009, 02:30 AM

Hi Enzian -

Yes - by 'small box room' they mean the loft/mezzanine (- children's play area) up the ladder. Presumably the one in their picture -
http://www.locandaitremerli.com/photogallery/index.htm

The way I read it from the Italian, the matrimonial is one room (- and one bathroom), not two.

I don't quite see how they can say it's for 4 people if they can only add one bed (- unless the room has a sofa which can convert to a 4th bed).

Steve