Reload this Page >

buying train tickets in sorrento

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 04:50 AM
geno

we will be arriving in sorrento by private car on sept 2 and wish to buy first class train tickets for our travel from naples to florence on sept 6. i am told that i can buy tickets in sorrento rather than the train station in naples. there may be an additional charge, but it would be nice to buy the tickets the morning of or night before we depart. the web site are only marginal for information. can you offer good train suggetions? we will also be traveling from florence to venice and venice to rome.<BR><BR>thanks,<BR><BR>geno

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Kristin

I can't imagine that there would be any problem buying train tickets in Sorrento, altho Sorrento is on the commuter train line rather than the main train line. I still would think that it wouldn't be a problem. Buying ahead is always a good idea for making the day of your trip more hassel-free.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:21 AM

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Joe

geno,<BR>Since trenitalia site doesn't show schedules from Sorrento to Florence, I wouldn't bank on being able to buy your tickets in Sorrento.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Giovanna

We've never tried to buy train tickets in Sorrento, but I can't see any problem. Go to a travel agent and make your arrangements there. There are several on the main street downtown. <BR><BR>I don't know if it is possible to buy tickets at the Circumvesuviana Station for other than their trains, but you could inquire. I'm sure you will be using those trains to go to Pompeii, Herculaneum, etc. While at the station you can ask.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Barb

I did just that last Sept. Went to a travel agent and was able to buy supplements and reservations for train from Naples to Rome and Rome to Orvieto. You can buy your ticket to Naples at the train station before you leave. It worked out just great. The travel agent was on a little piazza towards the water from the main Piazza Tasso, but there are many agents on the main street.