Buying Michelin Maps in Paris?

Sep 27th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Buying Michelin Maps in Paris?

Is there a store in Paris where I can buy Michelin Maps and books? I wish I had ordered a couple more and now it's too close to departure to receive them in time. Bookstore? Thnx
Sep 27th, 2015, 05:43 PM

Well, the books are liable to be in French.

And can't you get them overnight from Amazon? I got a new window AC overnight so books/maps should be easy.
Sep 27th, 2015, 05:50 PM

Most stores that sell magazines and newspapers sell maps and sometimes some books...though the books would be in French.

An English/American bookstore might have some travel books.
Google "English book store in Paris" and you'll see a list of them and a map showing their locations.
Sep 27th, 2015, 05:52 PM

Sorry - just so you know - books are much more expensive in europe than in the US - so much better to get here.
Sep 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM

FNAC is the place to go for Michelin maps. They have every Michelin map published in the world in the main stores: Les Halles, Montparnasse, Ternes, Saint Lazare, Italie 2...
Sep 27th, 2015, 11:52 PM

Galignani Bookstore on rue de Rivoli across from the Tuileries gardens has travel books and maps of all kinds magazines etc in English. There is also IGN Le Monde des Cartes on the street right behind BHV department store.
Sep 28th, 2015, 12:10 AM

I bought some maps near where you are staying. I think the bookstore was on Motte Picquet.
See you in a week. Bring winter clothes.
Stu Dudley
Sep 28th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Lots of bookstores have maps, I know they have some at the airport also (maybe in Relay shops, but might not be the map you want).

Bookstore Gibert Joseph right near Notre Dame-St Michel stop has a very good travel section and is a convenient location. http://www.gibertjoseph.com/magasins/paris-vi.html

They have lots of travel books, but imagine they are all in French, although I never looked. They do have a small English language literature section, etc., so maybe they might have some in English.
Sep 29th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful info! Been so busy packing and getting ready that I had no time to check back.

Winter clothes? Really? I have been checking the weather and it looks somewhat wet next week. I have all long sleeved tops packed but I only have a short waterproof REI jacket with hood and umbrella packed. I didn't want to bring trench coat because it is so heavy to carry around if it gets warm enough to take off. Maybe I should reconsider.
Sep 30th, 2015, 09:44 AM

You should be OK - I've worn a mid-weight jacket all day for the past 2 weeks since we arrived. Women are wearing jackets and winter scarves. Stu Dudley
Sep 30th, 2015, 11:04 AM

As suggested, do overnight or 2 day shipping from Amazon. Much less hassle for you.
Oct 1st, 2015, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Here now. Needed coat and scarf this morning. Lightweight jacket wouldn't have been enough. Absolutely beautiful today. All Parisian women were wearing scarves and jackets this morning. Light gloves would have been nice. Have windows open in room. The sky is perfect Parisian blue! Ate outside at cafe at 1 pm.

Search this Thread