Business Class to London

Old May 9th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Business Class to London

I just checked out the seating map at the American Airlines website. My business class flight from Ohare to Heathrow is practically full. Will it seem stuffy in there? Also, I noticed that the first 2 rows in first class are empty. Does anyone know if they might upgrade me up there if i ask? I was upgraded to business class through frequent flyer miles.
Old May 9th, 2003, 10:49 AM

You will NOT feel stuffy in business class, even if it is entirely full!
International business class on all the airlines I've been on is very comfortable. Not sure about the upgrade to 1st class -- I've never been that lucky! Doubt the airlines would do it though -- they'd be more likely to upgrade a business class flier who paid full business class fare. Enjoy!
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:46 AM

Nope, it won't feel stuffy. There'll be plenty of room; I'm 6'2", 240 pounds and I'm comfortable in AA Intl business class. I have been Executive Platinum for the last 2 years and Platinum for 5 years prior to that. . . even when I flew full fare Business Class as Executive Platinum I was never upgraded to First Class. I was upgraded at least 80% of the time from coach to business class.
Old May 9th, 2003, 12:02 PM

I'd take a stuffy business class over "economy" anytime! You want real stuffy sit in the back of a full plane Add a couple of yelling babies to that equation and it's a real fun trip
Old May 9th, 2003, 03:09 PM

I really doubt if you will feel stuffy and I really doubt that they will upgrade you. Last year (not that all airlines are the same) but I was flying to Athens on Air France and b/c was full I was bulkhead in b/c and they wouldn't even let me use the washroom in the totally empty first class section.