Bus travel question around Bolzano?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Cheryl

Bus travel question around Bolzano?

We have reservations for a hotel 18 Km. from Bolzano. We were told by the owners of the hotel that when we arrive by train to take the bus from Bolzano to Seis am Schlern.<BR>I went to the local bus site for Bolzano-<BR>www.sii.bz.it and when I put the info in it tells me that "destination station is not found". Then I contacted the owners of the small hotel, again, but it seems that they only know very little English and they could not respond with an answer to my question.<BR>I tried re-wording it several times to no avail.<BR>Can anyone help? I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.<BR>Thanks

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 08:59 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Try Castelrotto--it is only 2 miles away and the bus will be the same. You will love the region. Good luck !

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Cheryl!<BR><BR>I'm pretty sure I have taken that bus. Seis is on the way between Bolzano and Castelrotto. Try searching on www.sii.bz.it for just "Seis" or the Italian translation "Siusi". Where are you staying? We really love this area!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Mariarosa

Hey Bob Nav - great minds think alike!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Cheryl

Thanks for the help.<BR>Maria Rosa - When I used only the single word "siusi" it worked!<BR>But, when I used siusi am schlern ---<BR>it said that there were no destinations<BR>with that name.<BR>Do you think siusi is the SAME as Seis<BR>am Schlern? I would really hate to find out too late that it isn't the same place. We will be arriving late by train --- and the tourist office will be closed. I just checked the map on the site of the Hotel and I think you are correct-- they are the same. We are staying at: www.residencekampidell.it.<BR>This is very frustrating !!! Thank you very, very much for your help.<BR>Bob, thanks for your suggestion about Castelrotto but we have already made reservations and paid a deposit for this hotel. <BR>I think, thanks to Maria Rosa that we have it figured out. But, we are planning on going to Castelrotto for a visit.<BR>Cheryl<BR><BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Cheryl!<BR><BR>Yes, Seis am Schlern is translated as Siusi allo Scilliar in Italian. I just checked the website and if you search for just "Seis" it also comes up (the same bus itinerary). <BR><BR>If you want to re-check to make sure that you are getting the correct itinerary (which is what Bob-the-Nav is suggesting), search Bolzano-Castelrotto and it should be the same departure time (because it's the same bus), but the trip to Seis should take about 10 minutes less than the trip to Castelrotto.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 12:22 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Exactly--same bus ! I even walked to Seis from our hotel to get a super photo of the church on the hill above the village--spectacular.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 04:16 PM
Cheryl

Thanks for your help!