Search

Bus in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Diane

Bus in Paris

I have been to Paris several times but have never taken the bus. I would like to take a newcomer to Paris on a scenic bus ride around some of the prominent sights. Which bus line would be best for a brief intro to Paris?

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:42 PM
kay

I don't have access to the details right now, but the city bus that runs from Place de la Bastille to the Eiffel Tower passes lots of landmarks. If you ride it at rush hour you might not have much of a view, but I took it at 9:30 on a Saturday morning and it was a nice tour along the Rue de Rivoli, past the Louvre, thru the Left Bank, then to the D'Orsay and on to the Eiffel.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:20 PM
StCirq

Diane: There are a few good bus routes in Paris to give you a good look at the main sites:<BR><BR>On Route 69, you travel between the Champs de Mars (Tour Eiffel) and the Bastille, going by the H&ocirc;tel de Ville, Louvre/carousel, and les Invalides.<BR><BR>On Route 29, you travel between the Gare St-Lazare and the Bastille, going by the Op&eacute;ra Garnier, the Bourse, and the Pompidou Center.<BR><BR>On Route 96, you travel between the Gare Montparnasse and St-Paul, going by the Montparnasse tower, through St-Germain des Pr&eacute;s, the Cluny Museum, and the Hotel de Ville.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 02:59 PM
StCirq

Diane: There are a few good bus routes in Paris to give you a good look at the main sites:<BR><BR>On Route 69, you travel between the Champs de Mars (Tour Eiffel) and the Bastille, going by the H&ocirc;tel de Ville, Louvre/carousel, and les Invalides.<BR><BR>On Route 29, you travel between the Gare St-Lazare and the Bastille, going by the Op&eacute;ra Garnier, the Bourse, and the Pompidou Center.<BR><BR>On Route 96, you travel between the Gare Montparnasse and St-Paul, going by the Montparnasse tower, through St-Germain des Pr&eacute;s, the Cluny Museum, and the Hotel de Ville.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 07:07 PM
David

I was told that as an alternative to taking the train to Versailles the bus trip makes for an interesting ride and a chance to see neighborhoods etc. Anyone agree with this? If so how is that accomplished?<BR>thanks

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:56 PM
t

ttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Graziella

Buses are superb in Paris. <BR>Several have great routes the 60 for one goes all the way to Montmartre and there you can take the navette all the one up the hill.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Diane

There is a bus line that makes a loop around the more touristy sites and has narration in English piped through. Can't remember the line however. This is not a tour bus, but a regular bus. If you have a bus pass it is covered.