Burano - best day of week to visit

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be arriving in Venice on Sat., May 25 for four nights. I know Venice is always crowded, but is there a day you'd particularly want to avoid (Sunday?), or is there a day of the week that Burano would be most desirable? Thanks for any advice.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:00 PM

I was in Venice 4 years ago just about this time (first week in June to be exact). I just took the public ferry from Fondamenta Nove (think it is) and it was a really refreshing trip with the cool breezes--maybe a half-hour. I think it went by Murano but didn't stop there. Burano was not especially crowded and it is really delightful with the little houses all different colors, like a mini-Venice. I stayed a couple of hours, bought some lace stuff for gifts, took photos, ate something and took the ferry back. I went on a weekday as I recall. You'll enjoy the trip.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Original Poster

Samoca, thanks for your reply. Would you say Sunday would be a good to avoid crowds in Venice? I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:19 PM

I think I was only in Venice during the week for 3 days, so can't tell you about Sundays. I will be back in Venice over a weekend at the end of September... so you need to report back and tell me after your trip LOL! (Actually, I loved Venice so much that I've been pining to go back ever since, so am going for a whole week!) But I think Burano is really worth an afternoon. More people go to Murano is my impression, so maybe it won't be so bad on Sundays. The afternoons do get hot in Venice in late May/early June, so Burano is a good place to get away from the heat. Have a wonderful trip!
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:23 AM

If you go to Burano please so not overlook Torcello, another 5 minute boat ride. You will find few crowds there and it's delightful. I think since Burano is much farther away from Venice than Murano you'll find fewer people any day.
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM

The best day is a good weather day---you pick it.