Brussels Luggage Storage

Search

Brussels Luggage Storage

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2019, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels Luggage Storage

We will be staying in Ghent for a couple days then flying out of Brussels to Hamburg. Our flight is not until 9 PM, so we were planning to take the train into Brussels and store our luggage so that we can spend the day enjoying Brussels before heading to the airport. Where is the best place to store luggage? Train station, as I think we will probably need to take the train out to the airport?
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:18 AM

Yup but do a check to see if it is open - should be but with terrorism threats never know. Gare du Midi should have them.
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Any experience with nannybag?
Old May 21st, 2019, 12:45 PM

I think Gare du Midi has them, but don't think Brussels Central does.
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:18 PM

Nannybag

Yes, I used them last week in France.

worked very well.
Old May 21st, 2019, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Good to know! I will need to see what station we are coming into. It helps to know Nannybag was good so we have a back-up plan! Thanks so much!
Old May 21st, 2019, 03:48 PM

From the airport, you take a train into Gare du Midi - put bags in locker there - then hop the commuter train to Brussels-Central (not the central station - Midi is that) and then head for the town center and Grand' Place area and back from Midi for trains to Gent. With a Brussels-Gent ticket you can hop on any train that day and as there are no reserved seats sit anywhere - trains can be crowded - first class with more empty seats often may be a wise investment - especially as there is more room for bags in first class cars (in general not always) - great info on trains - www.seat61.com; BETS-European Rail Experts and www.ricksteves.com..

You should be able to buy a Zaventem - Brussels Central (this station does have a few lockers but may be full according to T.A.) - Brussels Midi - Gent ticket all at once at Zaventem airport's train station. Ask about if you have to validate your own ticket before boarding first train - but ask at window if there is any special ticket - don't think so - and no need to buy ahead of time - same fare about at station I think.

Tulips who is Belgian hopefully will chime in and confirm or not the above - she/he regularly gives the current info.