Brussels hotels

Feb 9th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Brussels hotels

Any suggestions for hotels near the main sites in Brussels? the Meridien and Best western get mixed reviews on trip advisor.

doesn't have to be near the train station but within SHORT walking distance of as much as possible.

thanks
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:46 AM

We stayed at the Royal Windsor a few years ago. We loved it. Booked directly with the hotel on line and got a Godiva package that included chocolates, hot chocolate service in the room and buffet breakfast each day. The breakfast was amazing and the location was perfect.
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:58 AM

We just booked the Hotel Metropole for two nights in mid-April, it is conveniently located near a metro stop and not too far from the train station.
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:08 AM

We liked the Welcome Hotel. Close to some sights and with a metro right outside the door. There is also a market street nearby 2 days a week.

http://www.brusselshotel.travel/
Feb 9th, 2010, 07:37 AM

Ibis Grand Place is a great location. Easy walk down the hill from the train. Walking distance to many of the sites. Nothing fancy or particularly charming, but great location. I was on business so I don't know how the rates compare.

Long winded / detailed trip report: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ovice-long.cfm
Feb 12th, 2010, 08:35 AM

A buddy and I bid $75 a night on priceline.com and got NH Brussels City Centre. It was in a great location, close to a lot of shopping and a quick subway ride to the Grand Place. It was the nicest hotel we stayed at on our trip.
Feb 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM

Last summer we stayed at both Le Meridien and the Hotel Windsor. Both were quite good. Hotel Windsor was a cut above Le Meridien. I think a lot of the mixed reviews of Le Meridien are probably due to the contstruction going on in front of the hotel. It is a good hotel though. We used Expedia for both and got rates right around US$100/night.
Feb 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
yk

I think the Novotel gets decent reviews. Also check the Jury's hotel.

I stayed at Le dixseptieme a few years ago and that was very nice.