British Airways sale - spring and fall

Mar 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

British Airways sale - spring and fall

From the Airfare Deals mailing list:
Travel dates: Mar. 17-Apr. 4; Oct. 28-Dec. 17

British Airways just announced a sale that includes travel dates not only in Spring but also in the Fall. Fly to more than 20 European destinations starting at just $99* (one-way, based on roundtrip purchase).

Sample Fares:

New York - London ... $99* each way
Philadelphia - Paris ... $135* each way
Chicago - Frankfurt ... $144* each way
Washington D.C. - Madrid ... $149* each way
Atlanta - London ... $178* each way
San Francisco - Amsterdam ... $171* each way

The best fares seem to be offered for travel between March 17 - April 4 and Oct. 28 - Dec. 17.

Also, if you travel to London in March only, British Airways is also offering hotel rooms from $39* per person, per night. A FREE British Airways London Eye ticket is also included with the hotel deal.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...7/public/en_us

========
My comment: consider this deal even if you are going elsewhere in Europe. With a low-cost carrier deal, you can have a nice stay in London and also go on to your other destinations very cheaply.
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Unfortunately I need Oct 13-18th to Paris!
Mar 10th, 2004, 12:31 PM
SLHogan

WillTravel:

Thanks for this heads up! I just booked a flight from Boston to London for $448 RT (including taxes) for May! I'm soo excited. I get to spend my birthday in Paris (hopefully!)

Thanks again!

Mar 10th, 2004, 12:46 PM

The fare that I saw thru BA website is $419 (this includes taxes) for dep from Chicago on Nov 23 and return on Dec 1. Is this a good fare?
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Nice Job Willtravel! Let me know when there's sales in June. Im still haven't booked my flight. I did book two of my rooms-venice and nice. Six more to go! It's alot of work doing this on your own, but alot more exciting! Thanks for the tip! By the way-I know you use priceline alot-I have tried 6 times for a hotel in London, hoping to get the same deal you did-no luck so far. i will keep trying!
Mar 10th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

SLHogan, glad you were able to get a great deal!

igpjazz, that certainly seems like a good fare to me, but maybe post a separate thread to get input since I don't really know about Chicago fares.

paula - there's always Priceline for airfares too . But I wouldn't use Priceline to book your hotel room in London until you actually buy your airfare, one way or the other. You might find that you don't get the exact dates you wanted for your flight, and then you will be out of luck given that the dates cannot be changed for a Priceline hotel room.
Mar 11th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Cannot find the $99 each way air fare when logging into BA site after submitting dates of travel. Will be leaving from Boston, but cannot find the above fare even if listing NY and using dates already on form. Any insight?
Mar 11th, 2004, 10:56 AM

I see what you mean Redhat. just checked and the prices are all over the place but not $99 JFK-LHR which is advertised. Some days are as high as $667 one way. :-<
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

I gave it a brief try just now, and the prices can vary wildly from day to day. If you can do so, use the +/- 7 days feature so you see the widest assortment of dates. It could be that most of the cheapest seats are now gone.
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:36 AM

Investigated this the first day it was offered and have tried every day since with no $99 price.