British Airways flight cancellations

Old Jul 12th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British Airways flight cancellations

Months ago I booked flights on British Airways from San Diego to Heathrow in November and heard that BA is cancelling these (and some other) flights effective October 26.

Has anyone heard what they are going to do about flights that are already booked? I haven't been able to find out anything on line besides the cancellation announcement and haven't had a chance to call them.

Thanks for any insights out there...
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 07:44 PM

i think a simple call to the 800 # would answer that, but i expect they will route people through LA
Old Jul 12th, 2003, 08:27 PM

In the past I have flown a companion airline from San Diego to LAX and then connected to British and Alitalia (when they still flew out of the west coast). You will most likely have to do the same. But check with the #800 as soon as poss.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Intrepid

You "heard" this from whom? The airline? A friend? I cannot believe someone holding tickets for a destination who "hears" about changes doesn't get on the phone TO THE AIRLINE immediately about such possible changes and ASKS THEM "what are you going to do about MY flight?" rather than asking bunch of strangers. Sorry, but this sort of question posed HERE makes little sense to me.

Old Jul 13th, 2003, 08:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Intrepid, there was an article in our local San Diego newspaper about this just a few days ago.

ready.., It's too bad as I was planning on using this service at Christmas. Oh, well, back to getting to LAX or San Francisco first.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Well at least you have some advance notice..We are scheduled to leave today on BA for Gatwick and on to Munich. Yesterday at 4:00 they called and told us our flight was cancelled. They put us on a later flight which causes us to miss our connection to Munich. We now have to pay $100 to take a bus to Heathrow and fly out out 5:30 arriving in Munich at 8:00. We lose a whole day of in Munich not to mention how cranky and tired our family will be! Sorry I just had to sound off.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:35 AM

I'm surprised you weren't notified that your flight was cancelled readytogo (assuming it was). We have tickets on BA for London from SFO in December, and we were sent a letter several weeks ago that our departure time had been changed (by 45 minutes). Since we were given the courtesy of a letter for a minor change in our plans, it would sure seem a cancellation would warrant a letter/telephone call. But agree you definitely contact them and find out what your options are. Your departure date is much closer than ours.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 06:48 AM
ira

Hi Meg,

A real bummer. You have the right to sound off bout that.
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 07:05 AM

We were to fly B.A. several years ago to Egypt from Seattle. My sister-in-law and husband were to fly from Phoenix and meet us in Seattle. Unfortunately, because of last minute problems we were unable to go but they opted to continue their trip and flew to Seattle. Once there, they were informed the flight was cancelled and were given the choice of returning to Phoenix, going to Vancouver, B.C. or I think it was San Francisco. They ended up being flown to Vancouver. They had received no prior notification obviously but it just means that one should try and confirm their flights a day before or better the day of. What a way to treat customers!!
Old Jul 18th, 2003, 12:36 PM
dga

I am flying to from San Diego to London on October 20 returning on November 6.
After reading readytogo's message I phoned BritAir and they rescheduled my return flight via Chicago and then American Airlines back to San Diego.
No problem