Reload this Page >

Breakfast recommendations for Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:07 AM
Arik

We are going to be in Munich just for one day (I know it is not enough) in the middle of November, and we want to find a decent place for breakfast/lunch somewhere between Hauptbahnhof and Marienplatz (sp). Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:10 AM
Rex

Of all the places I have ever been in Europe - - and this includes at least a dozen different towns in Germany, no other country had such predictably and consistently good breakfasts as the hotels and gasthaus(es) where I have stayed in Germany. No reason to go out for breakfast in Germany at any place I have ever stayed.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:28 AM
Arik

Dear Rex,<BR><BR>Thank you for your response, but we are in Munich just for 12 hours, so I have no idea about hotels, they probably serve only their guests.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:52 AM
wes fowler

As you walk along the pedestrian promenade from the Hauptbahnhof toward Marienplatz, you'll pass any number of restaurants. You might consider zum Pfchorrbrau at number 11 Neuhaufer Strasse. It's been there since 1896.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 12:07 PM
Ann

I'd go early enough, to the upstairs cafe directly across from the glockenspiel, to get a window seat, park myself and have Bavarian weisswurst with sweet mustard and weizenbier, while watching the clock do its thing. There are cafe tables on the square out in front of the rathaus, but the cafe puts you almost at eye-level.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:15 AM
topping

upping<BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:33 AM
Christy

Donsil opens about 9...close to Marienplatz, for weisswurst...

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:46 AM
xxx

Exactly.... whatever you do, have a weissbier and weisswurstl (steamed white sausages). And if it's a nice Fall day, sit outside in a terrace restaurant or caf&eacute;, if they are still up, while you drink and wolf these down. There is nothing more pleasant on a morning in Munich than this...

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:47 AM
xxx

Sorry, I believe it's &quot;Weizenbier&quot; - in any case, it's the milky, light-colored variety, and it's usually served tall.