Reload this Page >

Guesthouses: Number 31, Stautons on the Green & Trinity Lodge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:19 AM
K

Has anyone recently stayed at Number 31 and Stautons on the Green. I am trying to decided between the for twin bedded rooms Stautons is 140 euros, Number 31 is 160 euros and Trinity Lodge (which is stretching the budget runs between 175-190 euros - higher for the weekend). As you can see, these guesthouse rates are comparable to the hotels I have shopped around for but they seem to have more ambience and charm. So I would welcome any feed back pro and con from any ones experience at these properties.<BR>Thanks again to respondees for you help.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:02 AM
curt

No info on these but will offer another idea that might save you considerable money and still provide a very pleasant place to stay. In September we used the Glenveagh Guesthouse in Ballsbridge area of Dublin. About 15 minute walk south of Trinity College and heart of city. Very nice rooms, excellent breakfast service. Good access to bus service and the DART has two stations within a few minutes walk. Rate is around 110 Euros double per night. If you care to see more follow this link;<BR><BR>http://www.glenveagh.ie/<BR><BR>We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:32 PM
mm

K:i stayed at stauton's on the green this past june- was not impressed. other than the location, didn't have much to merit recommending. previously have stayed in ballsbridge, which is more economical and not far afield from central dublin.<BR>we really enjoyed wagamama for a fun change of pace dinner, pseudo-pan-asian or something like that, with great graphics and large shared dining tables.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 12:43 AM
Terry

Go for Number 31 - nobody I know who has stayed there has been disappointed. Trinity Lodge is good too - but not as unique as No.31 - the location is excellent however. Don't know anything about Staunton's, but again the location is very good.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:50 AM
test

Number 31 is excellent- far superior go for it.