boscolo hotel exedra rome, help please.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have reservations for albergo del senato but ran across posting for boscolo hotel exedra. looks very interesting. has anyone stayed there or seen it? its a new hotel about a year old but looks good. thanks so much for your help, what a great site to help others, i will post when i get back a also. thanks again. k.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 03:43 PM
mp

haven't stayed there, but did notice a write up about the hotel in the May Conde Nast Traveler "Hot New Hotels" list - the "urban" section. It sounds great - and the rack rate starts at $385 - so if you can get a discount, I'd say go for it!
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

thanks mp. gave me 335 but said upgrades are free and we will be there for 4 day she said they would hopefuley giveing us free upgrades. hope so. thanks for your post, k.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:53 PM
SRS

Cornfussed, I posted the review on Hotel Exedra. It was really great. Couldn't have been more pleased. We got our rate on expedia. The rate on the hotel's website was much higher. We were there March 27 - 30 and booked about 2 weeks before we left. We had reservations elsewhere, but then cancelled as Exedra was basically the same price and looked nicer. Write if you have any questions and I can try to help! Good luck!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:04 PM

How is the location of the Exedra for sightseeing? Is it a central location?
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:24 PM

The hotel is elegantly furnished, brand new. Boscolo is a chain of elegant hotels in Italy. Its position is excellent because it is within walking distance from Termini Station. It is in Piazza della Repubblica with its beautiful fountain, right in front there is the Repubblica Metro station, around the corner there is Via Nazionale a long shopping street that leads to the Vittoriano, that huge white building, one of the trademarks of Rome. I would suggest it
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:30 PM

I know Boscolo as being a good hotel chain and also a good tour operator for Europe tours, therefore I can recommend the hotel too. I live near Rome and I can tell you that from the hotel (near the hotel better) you can either get the underground that will lead you to the Vatican, to Piazza di Spagna (line A), plus by taking the bus 64 that goes along Via Nazionale, Piazza Venezia (with the Vittoriano monument) further till Castel S. Angelo (bus stop limit). Therefore the position of The Boscolo Esedra is excellent for me too. And I have seen in this forum (SRS stayed there)that, being brand new, they are offering very good prices. SO it is worth a try.
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 01:54 PM

I, too, have reservations at the Exedra in September, but wonder about the area that it is in....near the Termini Bus Station is said to be a bad place for pickpocketers....is this really a concern there? Would the position of the Hotel Russie be better?
Old Jun 22nd, 2003, 04:21 PM

The location is fine -- on the bustling circle (lots of traffic), an easy walk (with rolling luggage) from the train station. Don't get a cab from the station--you'll go just two blocks to get to the hotel. I didn't go inside the hotel so I have no comment about the interior, but it look classy from the outside. There is a MacDonald's at one end of the building (with tables and umbrellas, no less). But no pickpockets in sight. The location is really convenient to shopping, the bus, and the subway -- though given the room rates, it may be you are the taxi type. Have fun.
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 03:12 AM
Bootman4U

The hotel is directly on Piazza della Republica and about 1 1/2 blocks from Termini..directly on a Metro stop..about four blocks to the bottom of the Via Veneto at Barbarini. A very elegant hotel despite the fact that it is one of those so-called dreadful CHAINS...gee, hot water AND air conditioning. Don't worry about the pickpockets....I didn't see any on site when we stayed there in May and if you use a money belt it becomes a non-issue anyway. I think you'll ENJOY this hotel a great deal...I know we did.

Old Aug 17th, 2003, 04:49 PM

Weedso, What did you decide? I have reservations at Exedra for the middle of Sept, but am also considering Russie. Have you done any more investigating?
Old May 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM

We are staying at Boscolo Exedra this October and have heard from friends who travel a great deal that it is a wonderful hotel. They love the Boscolo hotels. They also let us know about a great Boscolo in Venice that I think used to be the French Embassy, we will be staying there as well on our upcoming trip. It is always nice to have 1st hand advice when booking hotels, so I feel very comfortable with our choice.
Old May 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM

In the models that hotel is built over the semi-circular Exedra and you might want to give the restaurant a shot too.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...rmini-area.cfm
This model looks more to scale to me
http://tinyurl.com/77ecu79

Pick-up a Rome Metro-Bus map, most buses heading to the historic center pass by the hotel and down Via Nazionale.
For the return jump on any bus heading towards 'Termini', odds are it will be coming up Via Nazionale or thru the Piazza della Repubblica.

As already mentioned Metro A passes thru the Piazza and Metro B is a short walk to the Piazza in front of Termini, 'B' is the easiest route to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum.
Regards, Walter
Old May 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM

*If* you don't know about the bus system in Rome this past post might help for your location.

You would leave your hotel and walk down Via Nazionale on the right side of the street, the 1st set of bus stops are a very short distance away.

ParadiseLost on Mar 27, 12 at 09:32 PM

The good thing about having an hotel on Via Nazionale is that it is a major bus route esp for buses coming from & going to Termini,

This excellent website will explain the bus system www.roninrome.com/transportation/bus

But I'll try to make it easier for your exact location.

1st go to
http://www.roninrome.com/wp-content/...g-3583aa-1.jpg

Now I'm going to use Express bus #40 because it is easier and makes less stops, other buses with have more stops but the 'keywords' you'll need are there.

Now see how 'Torre Argentina' is boxed?

Erase that box and draw it in the 1st 'Nazionale'.
Now that is the sign you will see near your hotel.
It means the bus left TERMINI and heads down Via Nazionale for 2 stops.

Say you want to go to 'Torre Argentina' and get off at that stop and see the kitties in the ruins.
The bus stop will be on the main street (this stop is also ~200m from the Pantheon).

And the #40 to return to your hotel is across the street on a sideroad along with the Tram stops (can't miss it).

Along with a few other buses doing this *same return route* to TERMINI.

But now reverse the order of the stops in that photo, so P.za Pia is on top and Termini is on the bottom and Torre Argentina is boxed.

So the bus leave Torre Argentina, makes a stop at (Piazza) Venezia, 2 stops along (Via) Nazionale and back to Termini.

Bottomline: If any bus stops lists 'Nazionale' ->Termini sometimes with P.za Repubblica between them it's going right-by your hotel.

In other locations if you see P.za Repubblica (The piazza at the top of Via Nazionale)->Termini or just P.za Repubblica it will get you right there by your hotel.

Just remember the 'boxed' name of the bus stop is where you are and below that are the places the bus is going.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you do decide to see the kitties at Largo di 'TORRE ARGENTINA' (easy cat people, my baby is purring beside me right now ) it is also the site of Julius Caesar's assassination.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...lking-tour.cfm
Regards, Walter