Booking Concerts in Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Prague the second week in June for 4 nights. Can we wait until we arrive there to book concert tickets or should we do it ahead of time? Also, what about restaurants such as Kampa and V Zatisi....do we need to book ahead of our arrival?

Thanks for any advice.
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM

It depends what type of concert you are looking for. If a church concert just walk up and buy the ticket and go in.
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi glsebs,

when we went to Prague about 4 years ago, we booked the opera in advance, and then when we were there, we booked for the New Year concert in the town hall while we were there and then we just picked up other concerts as we went along.

so the answer to your question is ..yes ...and no.
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:16 PM

definitely don't miss the opera-- if only to go to that amazing little opera house! when we went (6 years ago) they delivered the (inexpensive) opera tickets to our hotel-- no charge. don't know if they still do that. as for other tickets-- i would just book them when you get there. you will see signs outside churches and such and can make your decision then. -kawh
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This site may give you information on concerts. Also other good information on Prague for download. Click on Prague under city guides and then instant. Richard www.inyourpocket.com
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Some of the concerts during the musical festival or in the Rudolfinum can be sold out in advance, but if you just want to go to the tourist concerts, you certainly don't need to book in advance. I know the music festival should be over by the time you get there. There are also concerts that are more serious than the tourist concerts, but you still don't need to book in advance (some are in the museum, or some churches or the Klementinum. I'm calling tourist concerts the ones that are segments of pieces, not full works, such as Vivaldi or famous adagios, etc. They have a lot in the St Nicholas church on the Old Town Square (and there will be folks with flyers around trying to get you to go--the main tourist office also has these listings) and there are some opera aria ones, also, that are not full operas. Those might be nice. I don't think much of the famous adagio ones.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all for the good advice. Just what I wanted to know.