Bone Church

Mar 12th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Christy

Bone Church

I will be in Prague in early April and am thinking of goinf to Kutna Hora and to see the bone church. Does anyone have any info on how to get there by using public transport? Can one take a train or bus there? I'd like to avoid the package tours if I can. If it is accessible by train, can one walk to the church from the train station? Any info on this would be much appreciated!

Jun 25th, 2006, 11:31 AM

Thought I would top this (even though it is quite dated) since I am looking for the same information, but I haven't found any details using the search function. Thanks!
Jun 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM

I love to search for information and found this : http://tinyurl.com/pgwzm

Hopefully it will help.
Jun 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM

Hi
We visited the ossuary several years ago. It is actually in Sedlac, a suburb of Kutna Hora. It's part of All Saints Chapel. According to my guidebook, it's 3 km from Kutna Hora by local bus or driving as we did. It's a very strange site to visit, one of the most unusual we've visited in Europe. Check it out in a guidebook about Czech Rep.
Jun 26th, 2006, 12:26 PM

There was a thread on this a few months back. Check under bone ossuary, or something like that! I think the poster took public trans & stayed over at the cute inn next to the church. There is a train that goes there, I know.
Jun 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM

An American girl and her grandmother asked our tour guide if we could stop off at the ossuary on the way back from Kutna Hora.
As she had been such a pain with her non stop yacking, I said to my husband "Oh what now!" when the guide agreed to her request,but had to be (silently) grateful to the girl as it was an interesting visit.
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Kutna Hora: To get here you must take a bus from the terminal at Prague’s Florenc Bus Station (subway line C) to Kutná Hora.

Then once you're in Kutna Hora you buy a bus ticket to Kostnice, the Bone Church in Sedlec. You can walk also.

It’s located 1 mile down the road in Sedlec. You can board a local bus on Masarykova Street. The bus ticket is about .30. You must have a ticket before boarding, they're not sold on the bus. Tickets are sold at newspaper stands.
Sep 12th, 2006, 01:21 PM

this was quite an unusual site. don't miss it.

Search this Thread