Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone booked a European Trip with Untours?

May 22nd, 2003, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

I am considering booking the Prague-Budapest-Vienna trip through Untours (www.untours.com). It's 7 nights in each city in a private apartment, flights and transfers between cities,and brief orientation tour in each city. Otherwise you're on your own.

Has anyone traveled with them? Any problems with the travel arrangements? How were the apartments? Thanking you in advance.
May 22nd, 2003, 05:31 AM

I too had lots of questions about Untours a while ago and a number of people on the site had great responses. Do a search and you'll find many responses. Also, try the board at slowtraveler or slowtravel (I can't remember which one it is).
May 22nd, 2003, 06:34 AM

I don't know if there's information about Untours at the site or not, but the URL is www.slowtrav.com and the related message board at www.slowtalk.com.
May 22nd, 2003, 07:02 AM

I am familiar with Untours and have never heard a single complaint about them. I have traveled independently in Europe many times, and have been hearing about Untours for years, but have so far taken only one of their trips because my more recent trips to Europe have been to visit family. I have never taken the Prague-Budapest-Vienna trip, but our Untour to the Swiss Heartland was the best trip I have ever had. It was a perfect combination of being relieved of having to find accommodations, being given copious amounts of information( including information about local festivals, etc. for the specific weeks that we were there), but still having complete freedom to do whatever we wanted at any time. The best part was the opportunity to, as much as was realistically possible, actually participate in the local culture. For more information, go to their website (www.untours.com) and click on the link to the Archives. There you will find reports from other people who have taken the trip to Prague, etc., and those reports will give you valuable hints. I am sure that you will have a fabulous trip!
May 23rd, 2003, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for your replies.
May 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Amy

As I'm sure you'll find on some of the other postings, I'm a big Untours fan! (that's me in their trip log archive on Vietnam; if anyone wants the full trip report on that one, just e-mail)
I've had no problems with the travel arrangements, but the flights aren't always direct if that makes a difference to you. The price is good enough that I can handle that part, or you can just use their apartment/orientation services and arrange your own airfare.
The trip you're considering is the next one on my Untours list to do--if you go, please report back here!
Happy trails.