Search

Bologna - 1 Night Lodging Info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bologna - 1 Night Lodging Info

Folks,

My family of 8 will be staying in Bologna for one night in late March. The two key factors I am looking for are: it is of good quality (~$150/nite - I assuming this will get me into a good place), and more important is we need public transportation early the next AM to get to the airport.

Can anyone recommend a hotel that fits both my requests? If I had to chose, access to public transportation is more important.

If there is a shuttle service our whole family can take in the AM that will work as well. TIA.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:45 PM

Hello sbsm, are you asking for lodging for 8 people in Bologna for a total of $150.00 (US) or $150.00 per room for say a total of 3 rooms (2 rooms for 3 people each and 1 room for 2 people)?
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

LoveItaly,

Yes, the latter: $150 per room and I am assuming we will get 3 rooms.

Sorry for th confusion.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:55 PM

Have you looked on Tripadvisor?

The only place I've ever stayed in Bologna is the hospital (excellent) but the only advice I can give you is that if you are going to be there in a few weeks you really have to book immediately. Bologna hosts many, many trade fairs and the town is sometimes completely booked.

Public transportation in Italy is not always reliable. There is probably an airport shuttle bus. Perhaps the airport has a website. If you really have to catch a flight, consider booking very close to the airport.

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM

Here is the website for Holiday City, a hotel booking agency that I used once and found very reliable. They show hotels near the airport for 90 euro per room:

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/bologna-airport/

Check on tripadvisor to see if you can find reviews of any of them.

Buona fortuna!
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 10:09 PM

And here is the website for the airport shuttle in Bologna:

http://www.atc.bo.it/CMS_Software/XM...p?p=0661684224

It appears that if you stay near the Central Train Station you can catch the airport shuttle there.

There are other stops as well.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:29 AM

Please not that this aerobus goes to Marconi Airport in Bologna, not Forli.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:57 AM

Trade fair schedule can be seen at:

http://www.bolognafiere.it

If your dates are during a major show, expect to pay top dollar for even the lowliest rooms. If they're not, then you may luck out.

The airport shuttle bus stops at several points in town, including P. Maggiore and the train station. I would pick a hotel near P. Maggiore, if possible. The hotel staff can tell you which bus to take for the airport, or call a taxi. Check out the venere.com site for your dates to see what's available and price ranges. You can book through that site, or google the hotel choices and email them directly. One hotel near the station that I would consider if I wasn't going to stay near P. Maggiore would be:

www.zanhotel.it
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM

Hi we stayed at the Amadeus hotel near the airport. It had a free shuttle to the airport the next morning. This turned out to be a good choice. We took the taxi into town for the day. You have to have a special permit to drive in the city of Bologne. Some of the Hotels in the city require a fair walk from the closest drop off point. The hotel Amadeus was clean and convenient also I think 100 euro/night
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:19 AM

You might want to try this place:

Porta San Mamolo
Va Falcone, 8
40124 Bologna
011-39-051-58-30-56 phone
011-39-051-33-17-39 fax
e-mail address: [email protected]
www.hotel-portasanmamolo.it

It was recommended by a friend of mine and I will be staying there in November. As a previous poster mentioned, if there is a trade fair/show going on (which happens with some frequency in Bologna) you might have to look a little harder.