Reload this Page >

Best Situated Hotels in Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:45 AM
MARGE SPEARS

I will be visiting Munich in late October (after the Octoberfest) and want to book a nice (3 or 4 *) hotel ideally located in Munich for sightseeing. I prefer to walk to sights of interest rather than public transportation. Any suggestions?<BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Barbie

Suggest the design Hotel Cortiina, near Marienplatz.<BR><BR>http://www.cortiina.com/

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Dick

Another nice hotel with a super location is the Torbreau. It has received high praise on this board, and is well recommended in the hotel&quot;rants and raves&quot; section.<BR><BR>My wife and I stayed there this year and were hightly satisfied. Would definitely return. I believe it is the oldest hotel in Munich.<BR><BR>http://www.torbraeu.de/english/torbraeu.cfm<BR><BR>Dick

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Steve

Torbrau is very good.<BR>Check the Platzl also. It is in absolutely the best location. Heck, it is even right across the street from the Hofbrauhaus! There's no way you can get lost, no matter how much German beer you put away!<BR>Seriously, it's a very nice hotel with a great breakfast. I'd stay there again

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Steph

We just recently stayed at the Hotel Advokat based upon a recommendation from this forum (I'm not sure of its star rating.) We really enjoyed our stay there and paid approximately 145 Euro for a double room on a Sunday night in early November. It is a very modern hotel with a minimalist feel but very comfortable and had a wonderfully large and delicious breakfast. You can check out the hotel on its website www.hotel-advokat.de It is just around the corner from the highly recommended Torbreau and, at the time we visited, about 15 Euro cheaper/night.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Brian

I agree with The Platzl &amp; it's great location. It's a bit expensive

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Brian

Sorry, I wasn't done with my post. The Platzl is great. For a hotel that is even more cetrally located to the Marienplatz you can try the Am Markt Hotel. Small rooms &amp; not as nice as the Platzl though.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 04:28 PM
BPA

We are going to be spending one night in Munich in March. I have a Marriott rewards certificate good for a free night so I thought I'd use it. Does anyone have any comments on which hotel is better - Marriott Munich or Renaissance Munich? They are very close to each other and both look very nice on their website. Thanks.<BR>