Best Route Capri to Positano First Week in May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be traveling from Capri to Positano in early May, with the intention of arriving in Positano by early afternoon. My understanding is the the hydrofoil/ferry from Capri to Positano (if running) doesn't leave until later in the afternoon, so I'm thinking I might like to leave earlier in the day and take the ferry to Sorrento. Traveling solo with luggage, so would like to arrange transport with a private driver to Positano, would love the cruise along the coast and being able to stop for photos.
Can anyone give me the best site to check hydrofoil/ferry schedules? Can tickets be purchased same day? Can anyone recommend a private driver for Sorrento to Positano?Appreciate any ideas!
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 02:08 PM
WWK

Take a hydrofoil to Capri if it's available. It only takes about 30 minutes, maybe a little less.

We used guemartravel based in Sorrento, and were very happy with the service for transfers and day trips.

Good luck!
Old Apr 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM

The Positano Jet to Capri leaves at 3.10pm.

The Caremar service Capri to Sorrento has departure times at 7.00am and 8.40am with the next one at 1.40pm.

The Alilauro service Capri to Sorrento has departures at 8am, 9am, 10.20, 11.20 and 12.20

You could then transfer to a ferry service to Positano - there are departures at 8.30am and 10.30am which it appears may suit. So if you took the Caremar service Capri to Sorrento at 8.40am you would have ample time to buy a ticket to Positano and make the connection.

It will be much cheaper than a car service and a beautiful way to arrive in Positano. Just remember that the dock in Positano is pedestrian access only, so if you have large luggage you will have to use the Positano porters (guys on motor bikes with little trailers) to take your luggage to your hotel. They charge about 8 euro per bag.
Old Apr 13th, 2015, 08:38 AM
ekc

Yes, you would have to take the ferry/hydrofoil to Sorrento, then either a ferry or driver to Positano.

We always use Sergio Rianna to take us from Naples to Positano and we often stop to take pictures or to purchase produce on the way. You can email him at [email protected]
Old Apr 14th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

So many good recommendations! Very appreciative to each of you!

@WWK thanks for rec on Guemar Travel. Have already been in touch with Giulio about transport from FCO to Naples en route to Capri so good to know I could use them for Sorrento to Positano as well.
@Blueeyedcod thank you for details on ferries. Positano Jet leaves later than I would like. Are either Caremar or Alilauro considered the fast ferry? Good to know there are so many boating options!
@ekc thank you. Have to say I do have it in my heart to enter Positano via that cruise down the coast from Sorrento, with option to stop along the way for photos. Picking up fresh produce even better! Thanks for tip on Sergio Rianna.I'll be in Positano for almost a month so having a good driver at hand will be an asset when bus may not always work.
Old Apr 15th, 2015, 01:31 AM

BOOKMARK