Best located Strasbourg hotel?

Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:42 AM
annieladd

Best located Strasbourg hotel?

My elderly parents will be in Strasbourg for a few days. Looking for a hotel that will be very well located for them, so they don't have to walk too far. Also, no stairs (or just a few). And, they'll want a hotel with a dining room. Something in the $200-300 range. Anyone have experience with a hotel with these characteristics?

Thanks, annieladd

Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do a search here for 'Strasbourg hotel', there are a few reocmmendations.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 07:54 AM
jay

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Center hotel. The rooms were large, It had a nearby carpark, Dining room and it was easy to get in and out of town. It was a short walk to the cathedral and sites.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
annieladd

Michel, thank you, I have searched. I was just hoping someone might have a suggestion for a hotel with these particular characteristics (like stairs, people don't usually mention them in their post).

Old Jul 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM

How far do you want them to be able to walk? There are a few hotels right near the cathedral, which would really minimize walking, but I don't have any experience with them. It's noisier around there, also, but they are the closest. There are a couple nice ones in that area, like the 3* Hotel Cardinal de Rohan, but I don't think they are 4* hotels (and I think you need a 4* hotel in Strasbourg to get a dining room, and I'm not sure there are any right around the cathedral). The more modern 4* hotels with dining rooms are not that close to the cathedral.
http://www.hotel-rohan.com/
That hotel is well-located, but I don't know if it has a lift, you'd have to inquire.

A nice 3* hotel with everything you want but maybe just near restaurants might be the best option. Of course, if they must have a dining room because they may need room service, etc., then you should seek that out, of course, but they'll probably be farther from the main sites around the cathedral. Most of those upper end hotels are around the train station or other parts of Strasbourg, not in the center city.

I'm not positive where the Comfort Inn is that Jay recommended, but I think it's about 1 km from the cathedral along the canal between the train station and the city center, which is probably farther than you want, as all the Comfort Inns with parking are kind of on the edges that I know (not surprising, for the space).

I can highly recommend the HOtel de l'Europe, a nice 3* hotel which has a lift (which I think is actually not in a lot of 3* or lower hotels in Strasbourg, at least the older ones). It wasn't a Best Western when I stayed there, but it's really nice, and they have a wonderful buffet breakfast.
http://www.hotel-europe.com/

It's in the Petite France area which is fun to walk around in itself, but it's probably about 3 blocks to the cathedral. It's a little closer to a main place, place Kleber. It doesn't have a dining room (only a breakfast room), but it's in a pedestrian-only area (taxis can go there) and there is one restaurant right across the street, which is pretty good, and others right nearby. I think it may be unusual in having a modern lift.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 12:06 PM
jay

Christina,
I think you may be correct although I don't remember. There are no Stairs though. The train is close by and it is next to the river. The parking was in a secured garage nearby. Maybe a 3 block walk.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
annieladd

Thanks so much, I'll pass this info on to them. annieladd

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 03:21 AM

Hello Annie:

Last Fall we stayed for several days at Hotel Regent Petite France in the Petite France section of Strasbourg. See http://www.regent-petite-france.com/ The hotel is very comfortable, has a restaurant and bar, and a lift. The Petite France area is nice for strolling about (mostly pedestrian only) with the waterways, cafes, etc. Gradyghost
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM

I thought about the Regent, but it's across the canal/river (not sure which it is) and I thought that was farther away.

That is the hotel I was thinking of, Jay, on quai de Paris -- it is 1 km from the cathedral according to mappy.fr which is definitely more than 3 blocks (although maybe you meant 3 blocks to the train station, which is the other direction, and it is probably 3 blocks from that).