Reload this Page >

Most charming hotel in Strasbourg?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Angela

Which hotel would you pick as the most charming in Strasbourg?<BR><BR>This is for my parents' 40 anniversary, so I want to make it a good one!<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Angela

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 09:10 AM
lynlor

We have stayed at the Du Dragon and we liked it very much. It is light, bright and immaculate, but I am hesitant to recommend it because the rooms are starkly modern and this does not seem charming to some people. There are two adjacent buildings...one side has elevators and the other side only stairs. Somtimes there are a lot of stairs to climb. It has a central location.<BR><BR>Have you considered the Regent Petite-France or the Regent Contades? I have not stayed at either of these hotels.<BR><BR>Lynlor<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>< BR><BR><BR><BR>Have you considered the Regent Petite-France or the Regent- Contades? I have not stayed at either of these hotels.

Old Oct 20th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Laura

Just a helpful suggestion regarding Hotel de l'Europe located in Strasbourg if anyone is contemplating staying here. We recently stayed at the hotel and it is on a main street that goes directly to the cathedral and shops. The interior is retains the medieval look with the exposed beams above the walls and it's got antique decor. The breakfast room is beautiful as is the small bar area. Marie, one of the receptionists, is friendly and helpful. She helped us with our train schedule. <BR><BR>However, do not request room #118 which is one of their older rooms with exposed beams. Being an ancient hotel, the floor not only slopes but creaks with each step made and the bathroom is a very vivid marine blue color that looks out of place.<BR><BR>They've got more modern rooms I understand but not sure what they look like. Just avoid room #118 unless you don't mind the quirks.<BR><BR>One more thing: they offer a buffet b'fast for an additional price and it is worth it. Fresh croissants, baguettes, and kugelhopf are served along with yogurt, juice, fresh fruit, cold cuts, and of course, really great coffee and hot chocolate.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 05:45 PM
Linda

We thoroughly enjoyed the Romantik Hotel Beaucour. The rooms are like junior suites and it's nicely located. Check out:<BR>http://www.maison-kammerzell.com/kam...eset_suite.htm

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 06:05 PM
mj

Seconding Linda's suggestion for the Romantik Hotel Beaucour. Very nice rooms (we had a double), great location and a very pleasant staff.<BR>

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 04:28 AM
curt

Regent- Contades is my choice in Strasbourg. A wonderful hotel, great rooms, excellent location (close in to old city center but away just enough to be really nice and quiet). This is an excellent hotel. It would be excellent choice for the parent's trip and celebration.