Best Heathrow Airport Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is considered the best hotel for a stay near London Heathrow. Trip Advisor reviews seem to be mixed....not as concerned about price as I am about comfort and convenience and service.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM

Actually, I think the Marriot gets the best reviews.
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 01:56 PM

I've stayed in them all!

The Marriot is pretty good and is my "regular", all things being equal. The Hilton at T4 is also pretty good, but ususally substantially higher than the others. The Crown Plaza is pretty new and was good about a year ago.

Get a superier/executive room.

Having stayed in all the 4-star LHR hotels, I have to say that, for me, its not really worth it to pay substantially more to stay at any of them - none of them are outstanding.

I try to get a room at any for around 100GBP-120 GBP per night (standard double room) ans would not be prepared to pay much more.

DO NOT stay at the Sheraton Heathrow - it is a DUMP - FILTHY!(not to be confused with the Sheraton Skyline)
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Our family of four stayed at the Sheraton Skyline last July. The room was quite big and very nice. It also has an indoor pool that the kids loved. We did have to pay for the shuttle to the airport, but it wasn't much.
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM

i booked the crowne plaza for 80 dollars on hotwire.com for an upcoming trip.
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 06:36 PM

quiz,
What is the date for the stay you booked thru hotwire at the Crowne Plaza? And, can you provide more details (e.g star level, amenities) to help me identify the hotel on hotwire? Thanks!
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM

I thought the ONLY five star hotel there was the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow. We stayed there for one night a few years ago (thanks to a special deal from Radisson) and it was top notch in every way. We even had dinner in their dining room which may be the finest meal we've had anywhere in England!

It was also voted World's top airport hotel by Business Traveler magazine.

www.radissonedwardian.co.uk/heathrow.html
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Patrick, I have stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow several times, most recently in February. Definately on my preferred list - no complaints at all about cleanliness, amenities, service: all excellent.

Its at the higher end of the LHR 4-star league, but I would not rate it as a 5-STAR when compared to the other 4-Stars on the strip. Its in the same league in every way (can't comment on the restaurants).

I had a bog-standard double; perhaps you were upgraded to the executive floor?
Old Apr 15th, 2007, 07:26 PM

My reference to it being a five star comes from a variety of sources, including this list of all London 5 star hotels which have "received a five star Hotel Rating from one or all of the recognised Hotel Rating organisations."

www.milesfaster.co.uk/luxury-london-hotels.htm

And no, I don't think we were upgraded to the executive level. I wouldn't say the room was palatial, but it was beautifully furnished and had nice detail.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. One more question.
Which of these hotels have shuttles....are they complimentary? Or are we better off taking a taxi as we will have more than just carry on luggage.
I looked at the Radisson web site and they did not mention a shuttle.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM

We returned a car before our stay at the Radisson (which was Hertz and right across the busy street from the hotel). But in the morning we took a hotel shuttle to the airport.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:44 PM

All the hotels on the strip are serviced by the Hotel Hoppa service (4GBP per person to T1,2,3). They run about every 20-30 minutes, depending on the time of day. They stop running at 11pm. Hotel to terminals takes about 20-30 mins (3 hotels share one bus)

Personally, I can't be bothered with the hoppa. I get the hotel to order me a local minicab (9GBP - 11GBP) - ride to airport only takes about 5-7 mins.