Search

Best budget accomodation in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best budget accomodation in Venice

Hi everyone,
I'm planning a trip to Venice with my husband in early Dec. and we're on a budget that we're trying to stretch as far as possible. I've come across some nice-looking accomodations including the Casa Santa Maria Formosa, the holiday flat at Alcampaniel and an apartment at Casa Tanzi. Anyone have any experience with these? Or could recommend additional accommodations for about $100-$125 a night. I'm hoping for some charm and will gladly stay in Carnavaggio or another off-the-beaten track area on mainland Venice.

Thanks!
Alice
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM

We stayed at Ca Foscari hotel in Dorsoduro, a great neigborhood with few tourists and many students. Here's the website
http://www.locandacafoscari.com/3/index.html

We paid 78 Euro for a room with shared bathroom but you can get one with private bathroom. I can't say it was overly charming but it was super clean and the owner Joseppe was extremely freidly, he speaks English and he gave us a lot of helpful tips. Price includes breakfast. Most importantly, it's two minutes walk from St. Tomas vaporetto stop so you'll be seeing Venice from the Grand Canal every day as you go to your destinations. It is also 7 minutes walk from Ca Rezonicco, one of the palaces you can visit. We loved this hotel very much. Good luck!
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 01:53 PM

Casa Santa Maria Formosa has gotten glowing reviews at TripAdvisor. Two other reasonably priced places that have also received good reviews (which I am looking into myself for my trip to Venice in September) are Hotel Ca San Travaso and Albergo Marin.

www.tripadvisor.com
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 03:01 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Bernardi, 80 euro for a double with private bath. It is well located close to the Ca D'Oro vaporetto stop. Basic but very clean.

How long are you staying? When we stay 3 nights or longer we found that we prefer an apartment.
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM

Check the Ai Do Mori (steps away from San Marco) (www.aidomori.com) I have stayed there twice and you cannot beat the location. I'm remembering that it was pretty affordable too.
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your help!
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM

I think the Bernardi Semenzato is an excellent choice-(just steps away from my apartment of a couple of years ago) internet point and an excellent bacaro (Ai Promessi Sposi) across the tiny calle and just next to it, a place that Venetians go for pizza-La Casa Mia-all on the Calle d'Oca, just off the most easily accessible to everything Campo SS Apostoli in Cannaregio, and as noted, very close to Ca d'Oro vaporetto stop, just off the Strada Nova.

www.hotelbernardi.com/home_en.htm

Ai Do Mori is another good recommendation, and another one I can contribute in Cannaregio, nearer the train station but in a quiet yet lively location just off the Strada Nuova, and near Ca d'Oro vaporetto stop in Cannaregio-great accessibility, charm, lovely rooms:

B & B Palazzetto

www.guesthouse.it/en/rooms.htm

Another one
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM

ttt