Beauvais or CDG ? To La Defense

May 18th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

Beauvais or CDG ? To La Defense

Hi,

Have a choice of flights that would touch down in either Paris Beauvais or Paris CDG. Same time of arrival (evening) for both flights.

Going to base my choice on the ease and cost of the transport from each airport to my accomodations in La Defense. (Can't think of any other differentiating factor)

Would appreciate some advise on which airport to land in?
May 18th, 2004, 03:51 AM

Hello,
If you arrive at Beauvais (I'm assuming you're flying with Ryanair?) then you can take the Ryanair coach into Paris, which drops passengers at Porte Maillot. The journey usually takes about 1 and a half hours. It is then a short metro (4 stops) or cab ride to la Défense.

If you arrive at CDG you can take the Air France bus (line 2) to Porte Maillot. I think this takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. Bearing in mind the longer time required to clear immigration and baggage claim at CDG, I don't think there'll be much to differentiate between the two options.

If you take a taxi to La Défense from CDG it would probably take less than an hour, I would think, but would be considerably more expensive. And don't even consider getting a taxi from Beauvais to Paris!
May 18th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Hanl.

I guess you right that there's no differentiating factor. Might just be spliting hairs.

Btw, would you have a rough idea how much it is to take a taxi from CDG to La Defense.
May 18th, 2004, 10:23 PM

I'm really not sure how much a taxi would be to la Défense. At least 40 euros I would think.
May 22nd, 2004, 09:25 AM

You have much more options to land in CDG and not in the middle of the countryside. It'll cost over 50 euros to take a cab to Paris. The AirFrance bus is a good option as is the RER (www.ratp.fr for stations). If you're staying with friends la defence is fine (ie cheap) but if you are paying for a hotel -- change immediately. Staying there would be like visiting NYC and staying in Jersey...