Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Is the Orly airport more friendly than CDG?

Dec 28th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Frank

After spending two days in Paris we will transfer to Orly in Air France Bus. It will be our first time using this airport. Any information and suggestions that would make navigating this airport easier for the first timers?
We are flying with Air France to Marrakech.

Also the best way to get from the Muguet hotel to the Air France bus stop at the Invalides? I guess taxi? But won't taxi driver refuse such short distance?

Dec 28th, 2002, 07:39 PM
Christina

I haven't used Orly so can't comment on that. I can't think of any other way to get to Invalides than a taxi. I don't think they will refuse because it's about a mile. I've taken a taxi about that distance with no problem in Paris, although I wouldn't want to try it for a few blocks. If there is a shortage of cabs, such as when it's raining, I might be worried, though.

Dec 28th, 2002, 08:48 PM
mjs

Orly is closer to the centre of Paris than CDG. I would personally take a taxi. It cost about E30 for four of us plus luggage for the trip last month.

Dec 29th, 2002, 03:53 AM
Gretchen

We took a cab from Orly to the Muguet at rush hour. It was about 35E because of the traffic. Be sure you know which gate you need. If you do take the bus I think a cab will accept that--it's a pretty good way from the Muguet.

Dec 29th, 2002, 06:27 AM
XXX

Orly has 2 terminals; know which one you need to go to. I also vote for the taxi rather than taxi to the bus. Orly is quite a bit closer to the 7th than CDG.

Dec 29th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Christina

I didn't think about it, but I also would just take a taxi to Orly from the hotel. There are at least two of you, so I'm not sure you'd even save much money taking the bus.

Dec 29th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Harry

We paid for the bus $7.50 euro per person