Search

Beaune Fall 22

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2022, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaune Fall 22

Hello, I’m looking for some help with a Fall trip to France. I just found an awesome flight into CDG on 10/7/22. We are tentatively going down to Beaune for a few days in Burgundy. Our flight lands at 10:35am. Do you think is feasible to take the TGV train from CDG that day down to Dijon and connect to Beaune. The train schedule is not availble. Or should we just rent a car. After Beaune we have about 5 days to visit somewhere else in France before heading back for 5 days in Paris- any suggestions.
We have been down to Provence a couple of times so probably don’t need to go there.
Thanks for any and all advice
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 06:37 AM

I’d take the TGV to Dijon and then Beaune instead of driving immediately after a transatlantic flight. Spend a day sightseeing in Beaune, rent a car on Day 3 to tour the Bourgogne wine country, then drive down to Lyon for the next five days. Turn in the car and TGV back to Paris for the last five days, that’ll make for a perfect getaway!
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 06:46 AM

I would go to Alsace after Beaune. Visiting Lyon then Paris would be too much "big city" back-to-back for me.

Stu Dudley